• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ordered Deep Water Prizm Lenses and It's Like I Received Kaleidoscope Lenses Instead

i'm not sure where in Illinois you are located, but the Oakley Vault store is open in Aurora if you want to compare them to other deep water polar lenses that are guaranteed to be authentic.

Thanks.. I'm up in Rockford. The Macy's by me has Oakley Split Shot's. I'll be checking out the Shallow Water lenses to see if maybe they're better. I usually wear Costa Reefton (Copper - Green Mirror 580P)... but they're at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico right now from a jet skiing wipe out lol. I'll likely just order another pair of those as I had zero issues with reflection on the back of those lenses. These high dollar sunglasses really ought to have an anti reflective coating on them... but from the sound of it, most don't.

hi,

now, to me looks, let's say, normal... as you see only the specially treated antiglare reading glasses (1) eliminate entirely the reflections.

I'm not quite an expert in Oakley, so I cannot comment on your Split Shot (genuine or not) ... but are looking good.

if you do not like the "kaleidoscope" effect, I feel you.
usually, the little things that bother me at the beginning on a product, in time are the trigger to change it.

I tried to reproduce your conditions, and the ranking I made in my previous post remains.

1. no reflection at all - my reading glasses Zeiss lenses antiglare coated both sides - just a barely seen bluish line (above the figure"1")
2. almost no reflection - Prizm Road Black (Flight Jacket) - has no mirror coating - the less reflection
3. is there but barely seen - Prizm Tungsten Polarized (carbon blade) no mirror coating and double toric lenses - has some more
4. is there to some degree - Prizm Deep Water Polarized (flight jacket), ..... more powerful reflection...

IMG_4954.jpg

just me,

hi,

now, to me looks, let's say, normal... as you see only the specially treated antiglare reading glasses (1) eliminate entirely the reflections.

I'm not quite an expert in Oakley, so I cannot comment on your Split Shot (genuine or not) ... but are looking good.

if you do not like the "kaleidoscope" effect, I feel you.
usually, the little things that bother me at the beginning on a product, in time are the trigger to change it.

I tried to reproduce your conditions, and the ranking I made in my previous post remains.

1. no reflection at all - my reading glasses Zeiss lenses antiglare coated both sides - just a barely seen bluish line (above the figure"1")
2. almost no reflection - Prizm Road Black (Flight Jacket) - has no mirror coating - the less reflection
3. is there but barely seen - Prizm Tungsten Polarized (carbon blade) no mirror coating and double toric lenses - has some more
4. is there to some degree - Prizm Deep Water Polarized (flight jacket), ..... more powerful reflection...

View attachment 784090

just me,
this is good work! :drinks:

The DWP is notorious for inward glare and reflection. Swap to a different lens would likely fix this for you.

They look nice from the outside, but the usability of the lens for me is very low due to the interior reflectivity when wearing in real world conditions.

The DWP is notorious for inward glare and reflection. Swap to a different lens would likely fix this for you.

They look nice from the outside, but the usability of the lens for me is very low due to the interior reflectivity when wearing in real world conditions.

Works well in some frames that let less light in from the sides though. Use Juliets and Radarlocks with DWP and they are great for me.

Works well in some frames that let less light in from the sides though. Use Juliets and Radarlocks with DWP and they are great for me.

Cool. I tried blocking all the light from the sides and it didnt help. I'm going to run with the shallow water lenses and see if it is better.

I'm with you here ... on the heavy warp around (flight jacket) I do not feel this problem.
the disturbing side and from above light makes me prefer sunglasses that wrap around my face and close enough (or even higher) to my eyebrows

Last edited:

pitty that a good looking and excellent balanced color filter lens has these issues...

Back