• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Lenses

thisguy

I am Jim Jannard...
OH, USA
What are everyone's thoughts on polarized lenses compared to non-polarized? Are they worth the extra money to spend on an everyday frame?

Depends on what you do every day. I don't face much glare in my normal activities so polarized is of no benefit to me. I do own some polarized pairs though, in case I find myself somewhere with high glare, like long drives or near water. Otherwise, I think non polarized function fine for most daily situations.

Ever since I went polarized, I will never go back to regular lenses. Love them, and since I drive over an hour to work everyday, I find them essential.

I used to swear by polarized and would wear nothing else-that is still the case. I would wear nothing but polarized except some lens tits don't come in those variants (primarily Ruby and Violet); where available I use it- OO BIP, BIP, VR28 BIP, Ice Polarized, Fire Polarized. And the reason why is YES it makes a HUGE difference. Example? As far as I'm concerned unless you live in the country with no water around, you will benefit from less glare and more clarity with polarization. The reflections off cars and buildings, concrete, water and even my supreme shined dash is eliminated and makes everything easier on the eyes.

And to my eye, not all Oakley lenses or polarization is created equal. The clarity through BIP and VR28 BIP on the first gen Pit Boss is unbelievable-its truly high definition and better than on other models I've owned.

And to my eye, not all Oakley lenses or polarization is created equal. The clarity through BIP and VR28 BIP on the first gen Pit Boss is unbelievable-its truly high definition and better than on other models I've owned.

+1...to add to that, the difference in the 1st gen PB lenses are attributed to the AR coating on the back of the lenses...incomparable clarity and vision, but damn expensive.

i always thought the AR coats were what created that clarity but i wasnt certain; i do miss that clarity so ive added a PB I back into the collection before the pricing gets totally out of control

Latest Posts

Back