• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm sticker damaged Prizm Road lens

You've earned a Bluebird sticker!
:acute:
Happy to hear that... although i don't know what it is

beautiful bird though !
:eek:

Mountain_Bluebird.jpg

Though I bought store display Holston Prizm Ruby Iridium at Sunglasshut that looked just fine, a year and-a-half later the area that was under the Prizm sticker showed discoloration despite having removed the sticker when they were bought. Neither Oakley or Sunglasshut is helping me either despite having store receipt and registering it. Sunglasshut says I have to return it to Oakley, but Oakley's website says I can only return retail purchases to that retailer... Round and round we go. Well, Oakley's website says they contact people within 48 hours - so I gave that a try, but weeks later Oakley has never contacted me back about it. That was $168. I bought 9 pairs of Oakleys over the years, and this is Over.

sorry to necro a thread but this is not caused by sun fade. I got a Sunglass Hut store display pair of EV Zero Path Lunar New Year 2 weeks ago, store has no sunlight at all and the mark was there when sticker removed. I returned them and ordered a new pair directly from Sunglass hut online as there are none left in my state. They shipped directly from Lux in China, Got them today and they had a Prizm sticker on the lens, took it off and boom, exact same issue, dark square under the sticker.
These were not display items but direct from factory.

Oakley are not coming to the party as yet because purchased through Sunglass hut. They have been great but this model is limited edition and almost impossible to get now. grrr

sorry to necro a thread but this is not caused by sun fade. I got a Sunglass Hut store display pair of EV Zero Path Lunar New Year 2 weeks ago, store has no sunlight at all and the mark was there when sticker removed. I returned them and ordered a new pair directly from Sunglass hut online as there are none left in my state. They shipped directly from Lux in China, Got them today and they had a Prizm sticker on the lens, took it off and boom, exact same issue, dark square under the sticker.
These were not display items but direct from factory.

Oakley are not coming to the party as yet because purchased through Sunglass hut. They have been great but this model is limited edition and almost impossible to get now. grrr
No, not sun fade causing it. Prizm RIP iridium seems more susceptible to damage, ymmv. Found 'dark area under sticker' was actually original unaffected area, iridium coating being protected by 'sticker' from Sunglass Hut's constant wiping and cleaning during Covid years, and believe intense constant direct exposure to UV store display lights located just above the lenses may have contributed to problem. 1-1/2 years later these now lightened fruby-ish lenses oddly made light blue skies appear gray, uggh! Over a year ago found NIB Prizm RIP that have lots of iridium deposit and they are still excellent uniform deep red.

Bought Many more Oakley's from private sellers with Zero problems, and Zero store display models since and forever after that horrible customer experience. Wasted many hours and $30 gas driving around to different and all unhelpful SGhut Owners that Knew about lens problems and chose not to honor their guarantee, and at least one went out of business 2 years ago. Choose wisely friends

Last edited:
No, not sun fade causing it. Prizm RIP iridium seems more susceptible to damage, ymmv. Found 'dark area under sticker' was actually original unaffected area, iridium coating being protected by 'sticker' from Sunglass Hut's constant wiping and cleaning during Covid years, and believe intense constant direct exposure to UV store display lights located just above the lenses may have contributed to problem. 1-1/2 years later these now lightened fruby-ish lenses oddly made light blue skies appear gray, uggh! Over a year ago found NIB Prizm RIP that have lots of iridium deposit and they are still excellent uniform deep red.

Bought Many more Oakley's from private sellers with Zero problems, and Zero store display models since and forever after that horrible customer experience. Wasted many hours and $30 gas driving around to different and all unhelpful SGhut Owners that Knew about lens problems and chose not to honor their guarantee, and at least one went out of business 2 years ago. Choose wisely friends
What’s ’prizm RIP’?

That is why i have only purchased mine direct from Oakley, and removed the stickers right away and checked for any signs of damage!

And stored them in bags and boxes, not on display. And in a non humid environment.

dance-dance-move.gif

Back