• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red washers Poll

QuickBrick16

Oakley Beginner
Premium Member
I recently bought 2 MM/TT. A red dial 1g which is in excellent condition. Bought it from the original owner with all the boxes, foam and manual. A 2g black dial with no boxes that would be considered a daily wear watch.

If I did red washers on the red dial 1g, does that devalue the watch since it is so nice?

If I have the 2g black dial polished, or otherwise customized, does it devalue it?

Pics are generic except for the one on my arm. Thats actual red dial.

IMG_4303.png

IMG_4304.png

IMG_4306.png

IMG_4332.png

Putting red washers doesn’t really devalue the watch but you can just keep the oem washers on the side. They are pretty easy to swap off with if you decide to go back.
As for the black dial,the polish won’t necessarily devalue in terms of value if you ever decide to sell. Since black dials are the more common color way, polishing may help add value to it in some circumstances.

Putting red washers doesn’t really devalue the watch but you can just keep the oem washers on the side. They are pretty easy to swap off with if you decide to go back.
As for the black dial,the polish won’t necessarily devalue in terms of value if you ever decide to sell. Since black dials are the more common color way, polishing may help add value to it in some circumstances.
That was my thinking. Also, thanks for the input!

Polishing will usually increase the value, unless it’s a Dark Earth colorway :)

If you go beyond that and start to customize it…it looses value to some, and gains value to others. If the goal is to resell it, then I wouldn’t customize it.
If the goal is to wear & enjoy it, sky is the limits.

Polishing will usually increase the value, unless it’s a Dark Earth colorway :)

If you go beyond that and start to customize it…it looses value to some, and gains value to others. If the goal is to resell it, then I wouldn’t customize it.
If the goal is to wear & enjoy it, sky is the limits.
Yea, I’d like to have a unique piece to wear on the daily. Not too interested in resell. Thanks for the advice!