• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shadow Lawn Creepers X Oakley Frogskins Collab

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I looking at to see if it is "hydroprinted"? Seems alot like the Smog Plaids as far as the printing on goes.....

is painted!
i got mine too and it looks okay . . .
like tmac777311 wrote - poor packaging and box is damaged. no lable on my box!

The wait for actual pics is over....

img0096jp.jpg

By tmac777311 at 2011-11-20

img0095zt.jpg

By tmac777311 at 2011-11-20

Yeah, the design looks OK. I thinks it's a shame they've just straight up painted over the Oakley logo rather than make it a different colour as on any standard Frogskins frame, but originally I thought these looked like Dalmations with pink replacing the white. Looking at these pics, it looks like there a lot of little different shades and designs to the pink. The inside frame is just plain pink though right?

I do remember them saying earlier in this thread that the prototypes used a method that wasn't hydroprinting but was a better finish than plain painting.

I think the SW frames is an odd choice of frame to 'paint' over. And technically it is false advertising if the photos showed polarized lenses and these come with plain grey. Then again, I never ordered a pair so I don't know if SLC ever said they'd come with polarized lenses?

At the end of the day these look OK but all they are is a custom 'paint' job, not official.

Funny when I first ordered the prototypes the first day, they said it was the last pair lol..
they were at that point, but ive been pretty liberal with refunding customers that felt shipping took too long, so we had a few more to come up off of... we found some local buyers for the last few pairs though, so we got em all out. Thanks for everyones help, patience, and constructive criticism. For the record, these Frogskins were designed and created for Oakley for their art display at the EAST COAST SURFING CHAMPIONSHIP and a subsequent afterparty that they threw.

it looks not to bad ;o))

frogsi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this just means that however many "prototypes" were made, thats how many SW24K were used and destroyed...

I think these were cool as well as the snakeskin model..honestly, OVERRATED AND OVER PRICED! When i saw it i had that "You've got to be kidding me" sick feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back