• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping from USA to EU

Gentian

Oakley Beginner
Have any of you ever shipped from the USA to the EU? Any experience with customs duties, taxes ecc...?

From time to time I am tempted to buy from USA, but seems that the eu shipping rarely happens... Help me spend my savings!

First of all, what country would you ship to?
I have received many shipments from the US. Sometimes I have to pay customs fees and sometimes I don't.

Last edited:
I follow this thinking….
If its a lower value item , just wait for it to become available locally.
If its a custom piece i find customisers will ship abroad.
If its rare or expensive then you have to buy when you find.

There are only two issues with buying from another country as i see it.

1. The seller is prepared to ship to you country, some wont but if you remember who wont i see that as working both ways with them if you ever list an item they want.

2. Customs / taxes, assuming its a high value item you can either pay F/F and declare the value lower to avoid customs, you have no insurance if the item is lost / damaged. Its a gamble. Or Pay the extra for goods and services and ask the seller to ship fully insured with value declared you will pay import tax (whatevers correct for Italy) but you get the item.

Personally each purchase is different. A lower value item i chance. Higher value i always pay the right money and factor in any taxes to be safe.

I recently bought a high value item from Canada. Paid G/S + insured shipping. I worked out my customs fee to be £250 on arrival it was £130. Small win.

If you dont want to pay customs tax you dont want the item is the way to look at.

Good buyers / sellers can usually work something out

Back