• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SHOW ME YOUR ZEROS

When I look at @Lopaka KaMars ' supreme collection I feel much better about the amount of money I'm spending on Oaks....👍
1645451163772.gif

Very carefully!.....
I usually rock the foreword arm piece to see if I can pop the glue away from the lens that way. Slow and easy.... that works for me about 50%.
If that doesn't work... I go in with an X-Acto and gently sperate the glue from the arm piece and lens...
Once the glue pops they lift pretty easy.
Not a lot of glue there but given the age of the material makes it always feel like a crap shoot to me for breaking something.
There is probably a better trick but I have yet to break an arm doing it this way .... so far anyway.
@Wavecloud’s Customisation may have a trick up his sleeve...

Very carefully!.....
I usually rock the foreword arm piece to see if I can pop the glue away from the lens that way. Slow and easy.... that works for me about 50%.
If that doesn't work... I go in with an X-Acto and gently sperate the glue from the arm piece and lens...
Once the glue pops they lift pretty easy.
Not a lot of glue there but given the age of the material makes it always feel like a crap shoot to me for breaking something.
There is probably a better trick but I have yet to break an arm doing it this way .... so far anyway.
@Wavecloud’s Customisation may have a trick up his sleeve...
Wow thank you. Seems I learn something new everyday. I didn't know there was glue involved. I've been looking for discussions about this and couldn't find anything. Perhaps using the wrong search words. I've seen @Wavecloud’s Customisation's posts of Zero lenses without the stems on and was wondering how things held together. Mahalo. 🤙

Wow thank you. Seems I learn something new everyday. I didn't know there was glue involved. I've been looking for discussions about this and couldn't find anything. Perhaps using the wrong search words. I've seen @Wavecloud’s Customisation's posts of Zero lenses without the stems on and was wondering how things held together. Mahalo. 🤙
Sometimes when putting the arms back on they snap in tight enough to hold just fine... if they are lose fitting I have snugged a tiny ball of Blue Stick (soft adhesive) up into the arm channel where the lens slots into and it has held fine for me....

It's weird because sometimes I see what appears to be a spot of adhesive between the arm and lens and other times I don't... maybe its caused by heat and crud.... Mother Nature's glue?
Whatever it is, once it breaks free they come off easy...

Latest Posts

Back