• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SpecialAdvisor’s Mad Labs - Mars Leather Mods Plus

I was trying to dig up some more assemble/disassemble info on Mars Frames in general. @Lopaka KaMars and @THE X-MAN?!?! You have 'got' to be kidding me with that Mars C-Ring removal? OK...putting the new ones on not so bad...but dang the removal...sheesh. I'd be sure to ram that pointy thing right thru a lens or with my luck crack an occular 😱

I definitely need a cheap pair of 'replicas' to experiment on...I say again DANG!

The pucker factor is high when working with those C-Clips....
1697834511530.gif

The pucker factor is high when working with those C-Clips....
View attachment 1091734

I can believe that! I was sniveling to @Lopaka KaMars about that very thing after watching some YouTube video 😱…and that was before I had held them in my hands…these beautiful things are smaller than I expected…which makes that C-Ring even more of a nightmare. Luckily I have a pair of jewelers goggles from messing with tiny 3D printed bits and bobs…but at the moment absolutely no intention of changing lenses.

That having been said, he gave me (as usual) some superb advice and counsel on the method should I try it. Luckily for the leather side no need to mess with the headspace and timing of those @&#%*^ C-Rings!

I gotta figure out where to mark the thread holes on an interim template to then add em to the 3D model 🤔

Next I’ll print the image to scale, trace and cut a template out of painters tape, then try em on the frames to mark placement with a pencil. Don’t want to be scratching “My Precious” with a hole punch or awl. Starting to feel like a cross between a Mad Scientist 👨‍🔬 and Gollum 😏

oakley mars leather template 004 4x6.png

Back