• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Surface plate

leftync

Oakley Beginner
Any experience with this frame? I just got a pair, w/ progressive lenses that transition, even while driving. So I'm likely to put them on in the morning and not take them off till I go to sleep. I have a difficult RX, and my only other pair of Oakleys are a Crosshair 2,0 I bought years ago. Opticians have told me it was a miracle I was able to get my RX into that curve, but it's a very thick lens and, given the cost, I wouldn't wear the Crossfire for cycling or any potentially rugged use for fear the lenses would pop out. They are nice in the sun, though.

I don't expect similar problems with the Surface Plate, which is flatter and the lenses are not nearly as thick. And it's titanium, so I hope they're durable. Bike shops tell me they don't recommend polarized lenses for cycling (due to certain reflections, like water), so it's possible I'd wear the new ones on the bike (but probably not, since I have cycling glasses and an insert).

The Crosshair 2.0 is C5, and these are titanium, and they have a spring hinge. Can I expect the the Surface Plate to be worth their considerable expense? I'm 67 and at some point I'm likely to have cataract surgery, and they may be my last pair for a while.

Latest Posts

Back