• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Surprise box from Pennsylvania

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
Aloha OF. Actually got this box a couple of days ago from @SpecialAdvisor and finally have time to properly post about it. It was actually not much of a surprise as I was told this was coming days in advance. But then it really was a surprise because there was some unexpected treats inside the box from a confectioner in Pennsylvania. Sweet. Literally. Not sure if my wife or kids will see any of it though. Heh heh Heh. And now to finally see this awesome hat in person is ultra sweet. I'm really honored and humbled that you'd do something like this for me just out of the blue. I'm almost at a total loss of words. Almost. You're a real awesome guy my Brother. Really digging the Hawaiian island designed scatter skull of course. And I just noticed tonight you did the green with glow-in-the-dark paint. Surprise. Lol. Very cool to see that. Thank you very much sir. Definitely one destined for the "Priceless" case. I really, really am at a loss for words when it comes to expressing how grateful I feel meeting you. And this place gets a little credit too. We would have never met, none of us would have ever met, had it not been for the Oakley Forum. So, Mahalo OF. And Mahalo Lopaka in the East. :cool:🤙

Lopaka

IMG_9713.jpeg
IMG_9710.jpeg
IMG_9707.jpeg
IMG_9709.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg

Aww…you are too kind Brother! Well deserved…Indeed.

Since I arrived here low those few months back (can it be it was only July?) I have had a blast…relearning my love for Oakleys (can’t believe my Romeo 1s had been in a box for years!?)! You were the first person to reach out not just with kind welcoming words but real, solid, valuable advice and counsel…and not just a word or two but detailed help. I was surprised and pleased. I’m a simple guy…someone shows me kindness and help. I like to show my appreciation in some small way. You are my Hawaiian fellow “Lopaka”. So the cap was, to me at least, an imperative. Now I hope you wear it…if it takes a hit. I’ll just make ya another one 😉

That having been said, there have been other folks as well who have, again been incredibly helpful…not just once or twice but steadily. My other Oakley Brothers @Broccoli, @Yo Flawch!, and @scrodo. There have been others I’ve talked with and who have also assisted me no doubt…but this core of advisors and counselors have been watching my six almost from day one.

My apologies I’m a solder it popped into mind…Shakespeare, Henry V.

“We few, we happy few, we band of ‘Oakley’ Brothers!

Shakespeare’ll probably start rolling over in his grave about now 😏.

Well a couple data points out of the shadows…I call Robert “My fellow Lopaka” cause my name is Robert as well…and indeed @Msgt Oakley (My military and Oakley Brother) I live in Pennsylvania as well.

As Lopaka pointed out…well done Oakley Forum, @OakleyBoss, and Staff…many, Many MANY Thanks from this ole retired Army Soldier.

As my Brother in Hawaii would say…Much Mahalo!

🪖👍

Last edited:
Aww…you are too kind Brother! Well deserved…Indeed.

Since I arrived here low those few months back (can it be it was only July?) I have had a blast…relearning my love for Oakleys (can’t believe my Romeo 1s had been in a box for years!?)! You were the first person to reach out not just with kind welcoming words but real, solid, valuable advice and counsel…and not just a word or two but detailed help. I was surprised and pleased. I’m a simple guy…someone shows me kindness and help. I like to show my appreciation in some small way. You are my Hawaiian fellow “Lopaka”. So the cap was, to me at least, an imperative. Now I hope you wear it…if it takes a hit. I’ll just make ya another one

That having been said, there have been other folks as well who have, again been incredibly helpful…not just once or twice but steadily. My other Oakley Brothers @Broccoli, @Yo Flawch!, and @scrodo. There have been others I’ve talked with and who have also assisted me no doubt…but this core of advisors and counselors have been watching my six almost from day one.

My apologies I’m a solder it popped into mind…Shakespeare, Henry V.

“We few, we happy few, we band of ‘Oakley’ Brothers!

Shakespeare’ll probably start rolling over in his grave about now .

Well a couple data points out of the shadows…I call Robert “My fellow Lopaka” cause my name is Robert as well…and indeed @Msgt Oakley (My military and Oakley Brother) I live in Pennsylvania as well.

As Lopaka pointed out…well done Oakley Forum, @OakleyBoss, and Staff…many, Many MANY Thanks from this ole retired Army Soldier.

As my Brother in Hawaii would say…Much Mahalo!

🪖

A lot of members are from PA. There’s a thread about it somewhere. One member I found out lives like 5 min from me, another about 10-15.

State college gathering? Can't get more central than that... I think it'd be cool to meet some more Oakley Addicts face to face! He'll, if we can make it happen, then I'll even make shirts!

I was just down there two months ago at that big ass mall!
Yeah, I rarely go there lol! The guys in the Oakley store are awesome though. The Omega Boutique team are also great. It apparently is the largest mall in rentable space in the US, behind the Mall of America in actual sq ft.

Back