• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb water resistance

er.medix

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
Has anyone experienced any problems using the timebomb while swimming?
I think that 10 ATM is enough for the job

Hi guys,
Hi there you probably haven't had any replies to this thread because quite frankly nobody here would take their watch out in a monsoon let alone go swimming with it especially some of the steel ones as you would simply sink! But seriously though the watches are now getting on a bit and let's face it were never really up there when it comes to watch mechanics they are more about the design and making them waterproof to 100 meters was just really a sales pitch to keep up with the big boys. I believe the screw-in winder has caused so many watch failures that in hindsight it just wasn't worth it. For example, my GMT apparently religiously serviced by Oakley until the end, stopped, I took it apart, and no seal on the back filthy around the edge so if I had taken the plunge would be full. Cleaned it, changed the battery, got a normal seal to stop dirt, and jobs a good un. So if you really must swim with your delicate vintage watch at least make sure you have taken it to a reputable Watch Maker and have it pressure tested and guaranteed, even then if something goes wrong good luck claiming on that.

Thanks Oakley UK for the reply.
Anyway, I was just too curious to find out if this buddy can pass the test... And I'm surprised it actually made it!
received_805076024614317.jpeg

Hi guys,
Ive pressure tested 6 this year, they all leaked. Just a moisture level leak, but I wouldn't risk it.

Latest Posts

Back