• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

to polish 316L to mirror

nicosauve1

I should Work at Oakley
Humboldt County, CA
I have a satin finish I want to make mirror, I tried maas and a felt tip dremel, no luck.

I bought 1500 sand paper and 0000 steel wool, but no dremel attachments like that...that I know of...so I'm doing it by hand...lots of elbow grease and still no luck just seems like it's not doing anything...

I thought of gorilla gluing some of the sand paper or even steel wool to the felt tip dremel attachments I have.. but haven't tried it yet.

What does it take to get a damn satin steel finish to a mirror polish???

Thanks in advance,
Nico

What is a satin finish? Are you talking x-metal or plasma or possibly titanium?

I have a satin finish I want to make mirror, I tried maas and a felt tip dremel, no luck.

I bought 1500 sand paper and 0000 steel wool, but no dremel attachments like that...that I know of...so I'm doing it by hand...lots of elbow grease and still no luck just seems like it's not doing anything...

I thought of gorilla gluing some of the sand paper or even steel wool to the felt tip dremel attachments I have.. but haven't tried it yet.

What does it take to get a damn satin steel finish to a mirror polish???

Thanks in advance,
Nico
Your going to need a high speed buffer and compound to achieve high mirror polish.

Chet knows his stuff. He did a plasma pair(late gen, which is what I wanted) for me that looks phenomenal.

Takes time to make it shine!!

IMG_20210529_144211147.jpg

Back