• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches (other than Oakley) You're Wearing Today

The Apollo 11 45th anniversary only made my wishlist because of the titanium case. I really don’t like the default brown NATO. Put it on an X-33 titanium bracelet though? Transforms it! Pic nicked from the web, it’s not my watch.

IMG_5603.jpeg

That should have been an OEM option to begin with. Looks fantastic
Absolutely agree, they’ve got into the habit of releasing things on NATOs and leather straps of late when I think the Speedy is better suited to a bracelet.

In the thread I was reading, Omega’s response was:

·A titanium bracelet is not available for the Speedmaster model ref. 311.62.42.30.006.001.

·As per our Customer Service Policy, OMEGA maintains the original version of any OMEGA watch for technical reasons and in order to assure the authenticity of the OMEGA watch. For limited or numbered series, no modifications are allowed.

Really Omega? Once I’ve paid the money to buy the watch, I’m doing whatever I like with it, including putting it on an OEM bracelet (albeit for a different model).

Absolutely agree, they’ve got into the habit of releasing things on NATOs and leather straps of late when I think the Speedy is better suited to a bracelet.

In the thread I was reading, Omega’s response was:

·A titanium bracelet is not available for the Speedmaster model ref. 311.62.42.30.006.001.

·As per our Customer Service Policy, OMEGA maintains the original version of any OMEGA watch for technical reasons and in order to assure the authenticity of the OMEGA watch. For limited or numbered series, no modifications are allowed.

Really Omega? Once I’ve paid the money to buy the watch, I’m doing whatever I like with it, including putting it on an OEM bracelet (albeit for a different model).
Well said. You can always revert to the OEM strap before sending out so service if they get too technical.

my 1861 Hesalite Speedy and Reduced.

View attachment 1110364
The 42mm Pro wears smaller than I expected, mostly because the bezel reduces the size of the dial to less than a 39mm Carrera’s so I’m very happy with the size. I’d have to try a reduced in person to see if I’d like it. Can see myself sticking with Professional Moonwatches only, though that includes the smaller 186.0004 LCD model that I have on my shortlist and is only 36mm…

The Moonswatch was never going to be able to scratch my Speedy itch, so it’s been joined by the real thing! I’ve wanted one for a long time, long before Swatch ever dreamed up the Moonswatch, but worried about it opening the collecting floodgates. I now have a wishlist comprising another 24 Speedies! 🙈😂

View attachment 1109495
Damn, the marketing plan worked! Also, I’m going be guilty of the same. I have the mission to mars

Damn, the marketing plan worked! Also, I’m going be guilty of the same. I have the mission to mars
It did indeed! Less than a month between buying a Moonswatch and the actual Moonwatch. If you have Mars, does that mean you have to buy an Alaska Project Speedy?! I do fancy the Mars but then an Alaska Project is on my wishlist too…

Back