• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Weird serial number

Nakmuay

Oakley Beginner
Dear Oakley experts,

I have my eye on a pair of Oakley pennys titanium/ice iridium with a serial number that checks out but it looks like this.. I fail to find another example in this font.

Any leads?

Thank you in advance

09ABDDFC-631C-4F35-983F-FED79EB302CF.jpeg

Can you put up more pics of the frame itself? I think that is a fake...
Thank you for your reply!

Here are a few more pictures and to be honest, the serial number seems to be the only thing I can clock wrong.

C94EBEBB-859A-4076-9967-A501C0298F66.jpeg

1651A9C8-08F9-446B-90D4-CB8FE3D46156.jpeg

871AE84D-DF08-4C85-B8CC-A0648F9E66A7.jpeg

9E8A999F-B1A8-4F55-A442-42FF50C8D338.jpeg

142AEDAF-9112-4EE2-9E3C-C71B3A19855D.jpeg

Thank you so much for the help guys!
I thought the serial number was in place but the picture was mirrored..
How else did you guys tell it’s fake I can’t see the other indications.. been comparing it to real pennys online

The main "Alarm Bell" on fake X Metal's is the stem ends (Usually-but not exclusively) sweep outwards. The Stems themselves on these are too thick & the Rivets look all wrong (as they tend to do on the other faked frames)

Don't know what these were on offer for, But if it looks too good to be true, unless you get lucky & come across a Bargain then it will be Fake. There are so many proliferating Ebay atm, I have (and no doubt others) have been reporting the listing's for these, Although Ebay rarely do anything........

The main "Alarm Bell" on fake X Metal's is the stem ends (Usually-but not exclusively) sweep outwards. The Stems themselves on these are too thick & the Rivets look all wrong (as they tend to do on the other faked frames)

Don't know what these were on offer for, But if it looks too good to be true, unless you get lucky & come across a Bargain then it will be Fake. There are so many proliferating Ebay atm, I have (and no doubt others) have been reporting the listing's for these, Although Ebay rarely do anything........
Thank you so much for the wisdom!! Much appreciated sir