• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What condition are these Romeos?

Pics and price :brunette:
1119E1CD-61BF-4ECA-964A-803875E39EA4.jpeg
26CBCACB-21A8-4AB0-9A8F-98C1BFB4CC1F.jpeg
00FC69DC-C8C0-40C5-94FF-8C2539B4250A.jpeg
C902A2F6-EFD9-4564-9022-D010BE445D37.jpeg

Is it me or do X metal ones tend to preserve better than Titanium?

Depends on which Ti version. Gen 1 matte/bone is much harder to find mint due to the corrosion (i.e. black spots) that can form on it. Gen 2 was a shinier/raw finish that holds up much better.

This is much the same as plasma Gen 1 vs Gen 2. My only gripe was when they went Gen 2 on both plasma and Ti, it became really hard to tell the difference between the finish. It is so minute that if it doesn't have the original hardware (i.e. root beer rubber and Gold lenses vs black rubber and Fire) on it you can't really tell at first glance what it is unless you have them in hand. And if someone was unscrupulous they could replace the rubber and lenses and try to peddle one off as the other.

20201203_135228.jpg

Them Gen 1 Titanium are Gorgeous bud, I have a pair without matching box lined up that are not as nice as that, Price is fair i would say. Problem is in the last 10 days i have snared Custom Cerekote R1, Crater Mars and Polished Juliets, Starting to scrape the barrel of the Slush fund.......

Them Gen 1 Titanium are Gorgeous bud, I have a pair without matching box lined up that are not as nice as that, Price is fair i would say. Problem is in the last 10 days i have snared Custom Cerekote R1, Crater Mars and Polished Juliets, Starting to scrape the barrel of the Slush fund.......

Yeah, I've no box for mine either sadly. But, they also might have never been boxed per the back story I was given. Either way, they are pristine and had never been worn till me. My favorite R1 to just stare at.

I have an all matching X metal R1. It's just proving harder to get the other. Plasma i am not bothered about, Like them but prefer the 2 original factory releases

Depends on which Ti version. Gen 1 matte/bone is much harder to find mint due to the corrosion (i.e. black spots) that can form on it. Gen 2 was a shinier/raw finish that holds up much better.

This is much the same as plasma Gen 1 vs Gen 2. My only gripe was when they went Gen 2 on both plasma and Ti, it became really hard to tell the difference between the finish. It is so minute that if it doesn't have the original hardware (i.e. root beer rubber and Gold lenses vs black rubber and Fire) on it you can't really tell at first glance what it is unless you have them in hand. And if someone was unscrupulous they could replace the rubber and lenses and try to peddle one off as the other.

View attachment 815557
That red Romeo was @MatSteelersFan correct?