• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When your year of birth is George Orwells bestseller and you love the Eyeshade

vince vega

Oakley Beginner
Hello dear Oakley forum,

I hope you all had a great holiday season.

I've only just joined the forum, but I've already noticed that there are some real professionals here. (Many thanks at this point...that was very helpful for my research)

I was built in 1984 and fell in love with the brand with the O through the eyejacket.

Many other models followed, such as the "XX", Jury, Holbrook and various snow goggles.

I wouldn't call myself a real collector, but I'm a bit proud of old eyejackets nowadays. The good thing about being born in the 80s is that you don't have to spend hundreds of euros to look like a jerk in the current return to 90s fashion 🙈

All it takes is a quick visit to the basement and you suddenly have some real treasures in your hands. (Unfortunately no Eyeshades or Razorblades 😅)

As my own year of birth is linked to the history of Oakley in a very interesting way, I've actually been dreaming of a vintage Eyeshade for a long time. I missed out on the Heritage Collection and I have to be honest…What really catches me about the Eyeshade is, that it's not quite perfect.

Now I guess the long research was worth it and I've made a pretty nice deal. A former cyclist unfortunately had to go into a nursing home and was very happy to give his beloved Eyeshade into the hands of a lover.

I was very impressed with the set and would be happy to hear your opinion.

The original price tags with German Mark currency (currency in Germany before the Euro was introduced) I personally think are just insanely cool.

A set with 4 lenses is really rare (at least I haven't come across a set like this very often in my research)

Even if the origin is probably more in gray lenses, I personally get wet hands with vented iridium lenses.

Do you have any recommendations on this?

(Maybe someone would like to swap?)

Greetings from Germany (Frankfurt)

Jan

IMG_6504.jpeg

IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6501.jpeg

As I probably missed the mark with my message last time, here's a quick question:

Was it common at the time to include the Oakley logo with a transfer-foil sticker?

I found the sticker in the original packaging and was very surprised.

IMG_6891.jpeg

IMG_6892.jpeg

Very nice Eyeshade!! I recon the sticker would have been included in the set!
Welcome to the foeum!!

Very nice Eyeshade!! I recon the sticker would have been included in the set!
Welcome to the foeum!!
First of all thanks for your reply!
I’m impressed about the details from this set. And it brings me to detail-questions where my research of vintage eyeshades brought no results at all. (e.g. transfer-foil-stickers)
Very interesting what was possible to deliver in a set back in the days 🙈

Latest Posts

Back