• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

Quick bit of advice needed please O-Xperts. Is there any reason why these glasses wouldn’t have a serial No? XX’s with black irid lenses. Looks like the box has Serial No. A53470 I thought the digits from that were always on the glasses so XX053470? Seller says they have nothing on the ear stem.

17B3CA97-28A2-4A46-8CC3-148B3FCB166B.png

7F434673-3941-4FA6-9B8C-7F9D5D8925B2.png

Gen4s did not have serials. I have a pair without serial or sku. Totally legit

Would a gen 4 not have the newer split case (3 part)? What is the serial No. on the box for if it doesn't match the glasses?

Thanks for your help

Would a gen 4 not have the newer split case (3 part)? What is the serial No. on the box for if it doesn't match the glasses?

Thanks for your help
Maybe a box from a 1st gen pair...?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Maybe a box from a 1st gen pair...?

Could well be. Seller says it’s all as purchased brand new etc etc. I’ll steer clear on that one. Don’t like doubt. Cheers for the quick reply (the auction ends soon)

Ric

Just had a look at my pairs and their boxes - the serial numbers on the boxes of 1st, 2nd & 3rd gen pairs all have an 'A' prefix as the one in your picture of the eBay set.

Not exactly certain but looking at the x-metal serial list there was only a 1st gen with a serial and the un-serialised pairs as in the auction.

Maybe someone with an un-serialised pair can check their box?

Just had a look at my pairs and their boxes - the serial numbers on the boxes of 1st, 2nd & 3rd gen pairs all have an 'A' prefix as the one in your picture of the eBay set.

Not exactly certain but looking at the x-metal serial list there was only a 1st gen with a serial and the un-serialised pairs as in the auction.

Maybe someone with an un-serialised pair can check their box?

So your boxes all have the A###### but only the 1st gen pair have it on the arms. How do you know which are 2nd/3rd gen etc and what on earth is the point of A##### on the box if that relates to nothing on the glasses? They didn’t make things simple back then did they.

So your boxes all have the A###### but only the 1st gen pair have it on the arms. How do you know which are 2nd/3rd gen etc and what on earth is the point of A##### on the box if that relates to nothing on the glasses? They didn’t make things simple back then did they.
I have 2nd gen Ti02 which ends in 'A' and 3rd Gen 24k which ends in 'B'. All have the two part style boxes.

Thanks for your help
Only the very last 4th gen pairs have the split box, the majority have a two part box as pictured. The suffix is what determines the generation for the first three gens, not that A prefix on the box.

Back