• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal Polishing attempt #1

Slojack

The Cake is a Lie
Premium Member
Orlando
20210921_203923.jpg

On my way. So far so good.

I'm not sure how it would work on the X Metal materials, if it would work the same as on the plastics I use in other restorations. But Turtle Wax Rubbing and Polishing compound (able to get in large quantities for cheap) can be used near the final stages with a buffing pad (or a slower rotation lapping wheel). May take a while but supposed to get closer to that mirror finish especially if you keep switching up the rotation.

I'm not sure how it would work on the X Metal materials, if it would work the same as on the plastics I use in other restorations. But Turtle Wax Rubbing and Polishing compound (able to get in large quantities for cheap) can be used near the final stages with a buffing pad (or a slower rotation lapping wheel). May take a while but supposed to get closer to that mirror finish especially if you keep switching up the rotation.

No.

I use a mixture of baby powder and popeye’s sweet tea. Buffs those frames right up

Latest Posts

Back