• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale XX Amber RX lenses (Offers Considered)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Frames not for sale... lenses only
The lenses for sale has a story and one I value because of the teamwork involved to help another member out.
Cliff notes:
- I acquired a frame as a 24k that came to me battered bruised and literally in pieces. My intent was to custom it.
- before it arrived this awesome personality showed up on the forum excited and looking for a RX X metal. Within a matter of a brief conversation I had made a friend and sold him the frame for what it cost me. @Mr.Bill is his name and one of the friendliest good people you will meet!
- after being customed, they went to the master magician of lenses @Chris A Hardaway who cut a RX in photochromic amber lenses
- off to Mr.Bill they went but as some good intentions would have it they did not fit his super wide profile 😩
I bought back the frames and covered his customizing cost to make him whole in that part of the investment and all that is left is trying to recoup on the lenses

These lenses are unused, mounted once by RJ and in my possession now as I am trying to help my brother out in recouping his funds spent on the project. As you may or may not be aware having a RX lens cut for an X metal is a $250 - $350 investment so I am hoping by some wild chance someone here is close enough to the RX to buy these. We are aware selling RX lenses is a hard task and impossible but if you fit the RX here is your chance to have them at a great price.
Please keep in mind this sale thread is to help a fellow brother out in getting back money he worked hard for so I am going to list it at first at $150 FF in hopes we can make a win out of this for everyone.

Now considering reasonable offers before taking this to eBay.

Price includes shipping priority ... signature confirmation can be added for $3 more, 20% more for GS if used for fees and taxes

Frames are NOT FOR SALE

I hope RJ is ok with me using his sexy picture from another thread to show the lenses in the sun. 😂 They are clear in normal lighting and it's a cloudy day here so I can supply pics and will upon request when the sun pokes back out

20220427_141605.jpeg

CA1F43AA-3B21-4399-BBD4-8ED104770CDA.jpeg
70B3D802-5602-448A-9E84-5A228B193239.jpeg

BF439CDF-3868-4400-97B4-BD07670D3E14.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
I thought the frames were for sale $150 😞 …dam skimming threads

What is the prescription?

Username Hidden said:
What is the prescription?
Just got it posted in the thread on the last picture... had to crop his personal info out

Username Hidden said:
Just got it posted in the thread on the last picture... had to crop his personal info out
Ha, that’s barely an Rx…

Username Hidden said:
Ha, that’s barely an Rx…
If the right eye had of fit me it would have been a match :( it is a very light RX

They are Beautiful, so sad they couldn’t work for me, hope someone can use.

These could work for someone in the range of
-1.25 to -1.50 on the right eye
and -.75 to -1.00 on the left eye.

This person who the lenses will work for might need some help to see far away (for driving, sports, etc)... but would be nearsighted and be able to read without glasses.

It's close to my RX too, but the right eye does have some astigmatism. If you want to message me your RX I can verify whether they'd work or not!!!

Good luck guys!!! These are perfect lenses and very very cool!!! AMBER TRANSITIONS 8 POLYCARBONATE WITH ANTI-GLARE I BELIEVE CRIZAL ROCK A/R

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
These could work for someone in the range of
-1.25 to -1.50 on the right eye
and -.75 to -1.00 on the left eye.

This person who the lenses will work for might need some help to see far away (for driving, sports, etc)... but would be nearsighted and be able to read without glasses.

It's close to my RX too, but the right eye does have some astigmatism. If you want to message me your RX I can verify whether they'd work or not!!!

Good luck guys!!! These are perfect lenses and very very cool!!! AMBER TRANSITIONS 8 POLARIZED WITH ANTI-GLARE I BELIEVE CRIZAL ROCK A/R
Thank you for your help buddy! I hope we can find a match!

I made a typo.... they are Polycarbonate. Not polarized!

Back