• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xx twenty / G30 options

I use a toric lens for this on many pairs. The Base Curve is different but the optics work perfectly. The lens isnt as convex as a lens of the same base curve but that doesnt really matter. If you use a lens - for example, a 6 base curve on a frame thats is an 8 - you can see that the curve of the frame doesnt wrap on the 6 curve and the optics will be wrong. The lens will give you distortion of the optics which make it unwearable. The G26 XX in my avatar is a Radar lens donor I cut for @alol.
👍🏼 Im getting The whole subject is a bit complicated so i think ill just stick to right bc for frame. im happy with aftermarket in a non x metal frame and found linegear ‘jewelry blue’ is comparable and straight fit so ordered a pair. For a x metal id only use oem custom cut though 👍🏼

It really not rocket science. It's dead simple. I have done hundreds. As long as the curve on the frame matches it will work.

I can't use aftermarket - its like looking through a green beer bottle - lol :)

Actually - rocket science is dead simple too! Piece of P.... Escape velocity matching the radius of the surface of the earth. Easy stuff! :D

Last edited:
It really not rocket science. It's dead simple. I have done hundreds. As long as the curve on the frame matches it will work.

I can't use aftermarket - its like looking through a green beer bottle - lol :)
Well if i ever pay decent money for x metal oem lenses id be sending them to you To cut, Im still at the odd mistake with o matter frames stage lol