• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A minor, insignificant, not so big collection.

mndsm

Oakley Beginner
Nothing insane. No x-metals, no OTTs. Honestly, I own nothing pre-lux, stuff just doesn't fit my head. Only been purchasing for about 9 years - turns out there's sunshine in the sunshine state.
IMG20240320130243.jpg
first up, sutro custom- 24k lens. For when I need to snap into a slim Jim.
IMG20240320130454.jpg
space encoders. was super on the fence about these. i regret nothing.
IMG20240320130738.jpg
radar evs sanctuary, prism saph lens. They look so much better in blue. These are when I need to yell at some kids during little league (my kid doesn't play baseball).
IMG20240320130834.jpg
bxtr metal 24k. I forgot my sunglasses one day. I'm lucky enough to live near the Disney flagship store, enough that they know me by name. They sorted me on these.
IMG20240320131037.jpg
shocktubes. My only SI pair- also my most understated.
IMG20240320131229.jpg
straightlink custom. My first pair. They need a heavy helping of love and some new rubber. They've been enjoying semi-retirement.
IMG20240320131356.jpg
kaast verve. Hard to see the iridescent nature of the paint on the frames on these. But they were an instant go.
IMG20240320131702.jpg
re:subzero rubies. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about these when I heard about em, got em on face and got out my wallet.
IMG20240320131917.jpg
coldfuse- these I *think* were free as part of a deal with my health insurance through my eye doctor.
IMG20240320132321.jpg
holbrook copper w/ "3d" lenses. Long time idea I had. Always loved the idea of 3d glasses as lenses. Decided to give it a go with these, bought a set of rubies and popped one in. Works super fine.
IMG20240320132532.jpg
latch alpha. One of my earliest pairs. Bought em when I thought I needed something a little more "business" appropriate. mostly retired.
IMG20240320133325.jpg
batwolfs. My first pair. Didn't pay for these. I had custom ordered those straightlinks and these showed up in the mail. Turns out they were supposed to go to some guy in Germany. I called Oakley CS and they were like "uhhhhh...your stuff is still on the way....these are international....free shades for you?" Who am I to argue?
IMG20240320133814.jpg
subzero MUZM. I bought these with the express purpose of trading them away. That trade never happened, I honestly forgot I had them til I took this picture. They look horrible on me. I'll never wear them.
IMG20240320134112.jpg
holbrook xl troy lee. I love these. They were (obviously) my seeing glasses. I have the saph lenses for them now that they're retired from seeing duty.
IMG20240320134215.jpg
parlay. Also for seeing. Also now retired.

Continued.......
IMG20240320134555.jpg
clifden sandbech. Only pair of clifdens I've ever seen made into seeing glasses. retired.
IMG20240320134741.jpg
clifden custom. Got these on an inside deal at said Disney Oakley store. It's like they know me or something. Can't imagine why.
IMG20240320134941.jpg
clifden spin shifts. I feel like these need saph lenses.
IMG20240320135127.jpg
clifden 24k. One of the original cliffy color ways. and my first pairs.
IMG20240320135315.jpg
clifden coalesce. These got me by surprise and are the reason I signed up here. I'm usually up on releases. I did not know about these until I walked into the store.
IMG20240320135457.jpg
clifden MVP. You'd be right to think they're nearly identical to the coalesce, I thought they were too. Snow lenses and no gold bows. Hard to tell in pics.
IMG20240320135707.jpg
clifden odyssey. I don't wear these as much as I should. The spatter is fantastic.
IMG20240320135918.jpg
clifden sanbech. My SECOND pair of clifdens. I normally abhor white frames. These kill.
IMG20240320140136.jpg
clifden road fade. My personal grail. Took me three years to find this pair. I've had offers multiple times- no I will not part with them. I still look for a second pair on a regular basis. I know about the pair on eBay....that seller weirds me out.
IMG20240320140609.jpg
13:11

Not 100% why I had to have these, but I had to have these. They're in the box in the box in the box. I love the way they look and feel but they're a giant pain in the ass to wear because they do not fold. Mostly shelf candy. If only I had a shelf.

Clifden’s are some of my favorite frames, nice collection
Mine too. There are two extremely elusive pairs out there that I'm idly hunting- one I've actually been offered in trade for the road fades but....I'm not coughing those up, and another I can't confirm exists other than one picture I've seen.

Mine too. There are two extremely elusive pairs out there that I'm idly hunting- one I've actually been offered in trade for the road fades but....I'm not coughing those up, and another I can't confirm exists other than one picture I've seen.
Not sure which those would be, but I’m guessing the Silver and MotoGP, since those are the ones I don’t see?

Not sure which those would be, but I’m guessing the Silver and MotoGP, since those are the ones I don’t see?
Way rarer than that.

There's a prototype pair of tigers (member qtrain offered me his pair in trade for the fades via reddit a ways back- train if you see this and you wanna come off those tigers for cash, let's talk) and a pair of what can only be described as verves- that I've only seen one shot of. No one's ever confirmed those in collection that I've seen, and I've never seen more than the one picture. They're a lot like the paint on my kaasts with the iridescent holo- but much more silver in appearance.

Way rarer than that.

There's a prototype pair of tigers (member qtrain offered me his pair in trade for the fades via reddit a ways back- train if you see this and you wanna come off those tigers for cash, let's talk) and a pair of what can only be described as verves- that I've only seen one shot of. No one's ever confirmed those in collection that I've seen, and I've never seen more than the one picture. They're a lot like the paint on my kaasts with the iridescent holo- but much more silver in appearance.
I’ve owned both of those I still have the tiger. Most anyone that got a tiger got it from me. I think only like 3 exist.

Back