• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Formula 1 Fans?

Lewis for me max never been in this position before and Lewis atm seems to be managing his tyres a hell of a lot better than mv.

That race today was so rigged...Massi needs to be fired as a race director. After all of that hard work Lewis put in today, Massi essentially gifted Max the win. The rules are that you either allow all lapped cars to unlap themselves (which means the race ends under the safety car) or you allow no unlapping. You can't mix and match like that to effectively remove the race leader's advantage.

I am happy for Max because seeing those emotions on his face, it was truly something spectacular. However, seeing what the FIA did today made me cancel my F1 membership.

That race today was so rigged...Massi needs to be fired as a race director. After all of that hard work Lewis put in today, Massi essentially gifted Max the win. The rules are that you either allow all lapped cars to unlap themselves (which means the race ends under the safety car) or you allow no unlapping. You can't mix and match like that to effectively remove the race leader's advantage.

I am happy for Max because seeing those emotions on his face, it was truly something spectacular. However, seeing what the FIA did today made me cancel my F1 membership.
Don’t blame you cancelling your subscription. I can’t see the result being overturned unless they can prove max overtook during safety car.

But I do hope that massi gets his marching orders. The lack of consistency from him this campaign. How are teams meant to plan if the rules are not black or white. And if they are black and white but get implemented for “the sceptical” and not let the rest of the field pass through. If that was a genuine last lap it would have been epic racing but seeing as it was one man dictating the win o think I’m out after 25+ years of being an f1 fan.

Don’t blame you cancelling your subscription. I can’t see the result being overturned unless they can prove max overtook during safety car.

But I do hope that massi gets his marching orders. The lack of consistency from him this campaign. How are teams meant to plan if the rules are not black or white. And if they are black and white but get implemented for “the sceptical” and not let the rest of the field pass through. If that was a genuine last lap it would have been epic racing but seeing as it was one man dictating the win o think I’m out after 25+ years of being an f1 fan.
Oh, I definitely don't think it is going to be overturned but this felt more of a scripted win over anything. Lewis didn't put a foot wrong today only for the win to be robbed from him because of Massi not knowing how to follow clear black & white rules.

I usually poke fun at Toto's outrages, but his reaction (while comedic) was totally justified.

Oh, I definitely don't think it is going to be overturned but this felt more of a scripted win over anything. Lewis didn't put a foot wrong today only for the win to be robbed from him because of Massi not knowing how to follow clear black & white rules.

I usually poke fun at Toto's outrages, but his reaction (while comedic) was totally justified.
I completely agree. If this is how races are to be raced let’s have 50 laps behind the safety car and then one max sprint at the end winner takes all.

I can’t see how massi can keep his job after this mistake.

I completely agree. If this is how races are to be raced let’s have 50 laps behind the safety car and then one max sprint at the end winner takes all.

I can’t see how massi can keep his job after this mistake.
At least Mercedes won the constructor's so they have kept up their dominance in the hybrid era. It's kinda insane to the wikipedia stats for constructor's. It's Mercedes for 8 years in a row, lol!

Don't really follow this "Chirade" but if they stopped having an obsession with Street circuits with the obvious lack of run off this situation wouldn't have arose. In the UK in British Superbikes they run a safety car in the event of an accident that doesn't merit a stoppage. If that comes in at over 75% of race distance then those controlled laps are added on to the distance. You cannot have a race finish behind a safety car with no overtaking. I guess the squabbling would then extend to "we only fuel our cars to the amount of laps that are stipulated at the start"

They Need to build/return/modify more of these new style tarmac runoff circuits with grass/gravel traps beyond the edge of the track. That would have stopped the polemic that has existed between LH/MV for the last few races. These neutered F1 tracks are having an impact on Moto GP as well.

Glad MV won after the disgraceful manoeuvre that LH pulled at Silverstone imho.

At least Mercedes won the constructor's so they have kept up their dominance in the hybrid era. It's kinda insane to the wikipedia stats for constructor's. It's Mercedes for 8 years in a row, lol!
This isn’t the end of it I fear. Merc will take this to CAS. FIA have dug themselves a big hole here. And in fairness it have been a long time coming. Just a shame it has ruined the final race of the season.

48.12 isn’t as explicit as that - it doesn’t say all or none, it says “any”. The problem is that Masi initially said no overtaking, although the criteria for overtaking being unsuitable didn’t really apply. If the decision had been made up front to let the lapped cars unlap themselves, at least Hamilton would have known it was coming, although probably still not being in a position to defend. Mercedes have had the benefit of the doubt so often in the hybrid era though that I find it hard to begrudge another team getting the run of the green for a change.

Back