• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Nike KD4 Retro "Galaxy"

Been a long wait to finally have one of these. First wear impression hasn't been great, but if it goes the way of other fuse-based pairs I've owned, it only gets better with time.

I hope

View attachment 1119742
I missed out on this launch because I was working. By the time I got out of class, they were sold out in my size. I wanted a 4, because I have at least one of every signature model from 5-16... but maybe next time. I see there is a Retro 3 available... I may pick it up for fun... we'll see.

I missed out on this launch because I was working. By the time I got out of class, they were sold out in my size. I wanted a 4, because I have at least one of every signature model from 5-16... but maybe next time. I see there is a Retro 3 available... I may pick it up for fun... we'll see.

If anything, I'm finding myself to enjoy the 3 more than these recent wears of the 4.

The 4 looks cooler perhaps, but imo it fits weirder and is just mad plastic/fuse.
Nostalgia is carrying my experience with the shoe if I had to be honest lol

I got a retro 3 in the ASG colorway. It's solid for court use for sure.

I also had the original 3 in the black/orange colorway. (Synthetic?) Leather upper, it was a daily beater because it was especially inexpensive at the time. I've really liked the shoe, even though at the time I bought it as an outlet find and was wishing I could afford the then-new 4 that just came out.

Got these from my Lovely Wife for Christmas and didn’t know till tonight they glow in the blue mood lights!
A7C5B046-3E6F-4029-B75D-C4A98CFB34B1.jpeg
C66DF1AD-4E0A-4E98-BE4A-F8E5175D950E.jpeg
947657B5-CA72-4135-8ADB-B024B9CD271F.jpeg

Brandblack Pro Am

Waited to get these on discount. It's sorta like a Kobe per the design inspiration. Traction is the highlight, as well as the toggle setup for the lacing system. The rest is decent. Cushion may be lacking for some, but as a grounded shoe, it is an interesting option.

20240325_155211.jpg

Jordan 1 High '85 Metallic Burgundy/Team Red

Been wanting an '85 version, even though this colorway isn't one I'd normally go after.

Maybe it's a good thing, but the difference in build kinda changes my tune about considering any regular versions going forward.
I can understand why those exist as far as material grade goes, but the differences go further than what's just pointed out in conversation and visually. It feels legitimately different altogether.

The board last, revised shape, midsole and general sculpting, and leather quality. It makes for a departure from the lifestyle-targeted builds of the current regular releases, towards something that actually makes itself out to be a basketball shoe (of the past).

20240330_182331.jpg

Kobe VIII Protro "Venice Beach"

Another model I couldn't have when originally released. Unfortunately, it isn't what I hoped performance-wise. Some nuances with fit, but pretty much everything else seemed good.

20240413_120043.jpg

Sabrina 1 (Nike By You)

Color palette was more of a coincidence. Ordered these first and then later in the week won a raffle on the Kobe's (which pretty much seems like a long shot of an expectation).

The Sabrina has stayed a favorite of mine ever since release. I do prefer a rounder outsole setup, but in reality is the complaints have been at a minimum with the pairs I've been wearing before this. It's a go-to after some other shoes induce pressure or sores (case in point, the Kobe VIII Protro I just posted)

20240419_153038.jpg

I'm on Kobe 1 at the moment... yes the Adidas shoes he wore back at the beginning. I got the black, yellow, and snake skin. I'll post pics later... until then... it didn't happen LOL

Back