• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Real? (Bruce Irons Hijinx)

This was due to a single drop of Shaun White's blood being added to the molding of every O-Matter frame.

Even prior to the Holbrook/Dispatch era, Jim Jannard was keen that SW's DNA should run thru the entire Oakley range.

You always make me lol hahaha.

Thanks for the input guys! The things like the vents behind the icons and
the wrong size nose bridge measurements were really making me doubt these are real. I have to say though, these are pretty damn convincing. I contacted the seller to request a refund. Told him I just wasn't happy with the glasses and that the authenticity is questionable. He replied pretty quick and agreed to refund me in full. Now its just a matter of waiting for the refund to clear in my account. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

I'm not a pro when it comes to HIJINX, but I have never seen the venting behind the icon before (technically I have, but it was on a fake pair). Seems REALLY odd to me! And yes, original version of this particular HIJINX comes with Warm Grey lenses I do believe. Also, HIJINX have kind of like a "lock in" feel to them when you fully opened the ear stems, where as a lot of fakes will just open/close freely.

P.S. what X-Metals you hiding in the background there? :smile:

Sorry for the late reply Mickle...good catch, that's my Juliet plasma w/fire iridium :redface:.

Continued to do some more research because it's bothering me...the vents behind the icons and the wrong size nose bridge measurements are throwing me off. I've been looking all over for any more info on this and can't find anything. Were there variations in Hijinx models that came out of the factory with these differences. I've only been able to find vented icon carriers on replica Hijinx's, all other "legit" Hijinx's aren't vented. And the silk screening of "19" for the nose bridge measurement instead of "16" is another head scratcher. All other ones I've found or seen pics of are printed with "16", and to add to the confusion, the O site states the specs at "15". Actually, the O site shows the specs to be 65/15, and I've seen them printed as 64/16, huh?

Anyway, still in touch with the seller and just waiting for him to gather enough funds to refund me in full...keeping my fingers, legs, toes and arms crossed that everything works out smoothly. Thanks again to everyone for their inputs!

I had a pair of those a while back. Mine did not have the vents and my O's were gun metal and the lenses were warm gray.

Hope it all works out for you.

I had a pair of those a while back. Mine did not have the vents and my O's were gun metal and the lenses were warm gray.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks! The more I keep looking at them and everything included in the sale, the more I question the authenticity. I hope it all gets resolved positively also, the seller seems to be willing to fix it and refund me (he's also been in constant contact since I asked for a refund, like everyday). I'll feel much better once I have my refund though :sad:.

On a sidenote, I'm excited for the Holbrooks you sent! I went window shopping yesterday and tried on Holbrooks in different colorways...I can't wait! LOL!!!!

I just won a bid on another pair of B.I. Hijinx...this one comes stock with the box, bag and papers, I hope this one is legit. It may sound crazy, but I really wanted the signature bag in this series, moreso than the glasses. Plus, how can I represent Hawaii without actually owning a pair of B.I.'s?!?!?!! The B.I. Dispatch's may be next...:tongue:

Back