• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad Moon Rising

I'm not a painter or customizer so I have a question about a thought I had. Could you strengthen the Moon a little by shooting a couple of layers of clear coat?
@Rick58 could probably weigh in on that question but if you were going to clear them you would need to protect the lenses.... which could open a different can of worms ...🤔

Last edited:
@Rick could probably weigh in on that question but if you were going to clear them you would need to protect the lenses.... which could open a different can of worms ...🤔
So true. Didn't think about that. And I won't risk trying to pop out the lenses, so there's that. Oh well. Was just a thought. Mahalo Ronnie.

I'm not a painter or customizer so I have a question about a thought I had. Could you strengthen the Moon a little by shooting a couple of layers of clear coat?
Personally I wouldn't even think about it. I don't think the risk is worth the results. Like @Rotten Ronnie said messing with the lenses opens a can of worms. Even if you taped them off you could delaminate them taking off the tape. Then there's always a chance the clear wouldn't play nice with the Oakley script, then you're stuck with a silver blob on the bridge that's unreadable. I'm not sure it would work even if you added a flex promoter to the clear.
Enjoy it as is, it's a fantastic piece!

Just got this from @IAMOBS and thus ends my search for this elusive Moon. I've been wanting one in good condition for a few years, but things just never worked out. And now that I have this black one, I don't know if I've ever handled a pair of glasses so delicately. Lol. Yes sir, no shelf whores here.

View attachment 1053850View attachment 1053852View attachment 1053854View attachment 1053855View attachment 1053856View attachment 1053857
I think you found your perfect glasses! You look awesome wearing those! Just be careful from what I hear they can crack easy on the orbitals

Personally I wouldn't even think about it. I don't think the risk is worth the results. Like @Rotten Ronnie said messing with the lenses opens a can of worms. Even if you taped them off you could delaminate them taking off the tape. Then there's always a chance the clear wouldn't play nice with the Oakley script, then you're stuck with a silver blob on the bridge that's unreadable. I'm not sure it would work even if you added a flex promoter to the clear.
You should listen to this guy... he knows....!

You should listen to this guy... he knows....!
Yes, no worries, advice will be heeded. No weird experimentations. Lol. And I'm trying to be as careful as I can be, trust me. My daughters weren't handled as gently. Lol. :D🤙

Yes, no worries, advice will be heeded. No weird experimentations. Lol. And I'm trying to be as careful as I can be, trust me. My daughters weren't handled as gently. Lol. :D🤙
IMG_9148.gif

Back