• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman hinges

umd

Oakley Beginner
Socal
After breaking one of my badman hinges years ago, I finally bought some new hinges off ebay and it was quite the challenge to actually replace them. The first challenge was digging the broken pieces out of the arm. I was able to use a pin in the hole to slowly push the spring out, and then very fine tweezers to pull the remaining bit.

The next challenge was that I had to compress the springs to line the hole up. Eventually I figured out disassembling them completely and using a clamp. It probably would have been worthwhile to just pay for the full repair service, but I'm stubborn and like to do things myself.

badman-hinge.jpg

I am dealing with this right now, ordered new hinges, I hope they are the correct ones. I could not figure out how to remove the old spring stuck inside. Thank you for sharing.

Can you guys provide any details on the specific hinge springs you are using for replacement? Were they OEM or aftermarket? One of my hinges has finally bit the dust as well.

Can you guys provide any details on the specific hinge springs you are using for replacement? Were they OEM or aftermarket? One of my hinges has finally bit the dust as well.

This is the one I got

Back