• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘The "I Broke My Oakleys" List aka "Tales of woe"

Snapped my first pair of Mumbos changing lenses on holiday in Austria circa 2001 I think. Ended up buying some Twentys in the sports shop, Blue/24k to wear riding for the remainder. Mumbos were 10 years old. Bought a 'reminder' pair of Splatters to keep unworn for the memories.

Sent the snapped frame to Oakley, got half price pair of Minutes out of it. Had those quite a while until I dropped them backwards off my head in a shop. Hit the floor on the nose bridge, cracked clean in two. Surprised Oakley never made a monocle.

Sent those back to Oakley....(now on first name terms in the shop that had returns boxes, already sent back some iffy Juliets and some flaking Mag Switch by then) got a half price pair of Minutes, again, Polarised this time. They live still, along with the original Twentys in great condition. I actually don't think I've killed any others so a lowly 2 score for me.

Just bought my wife a mint pair of T Square Wires off ebay. So light, so clean. She wore them two days before I found 2 x 0.5cm gouges in the right lense. I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Opening old wounds lol

Thread 'Broken Pit Boss 2, Repairable?'
Broken Pit Boss 2, Repairable?
Snapped my first pair of Mumbos changing lenses on holiday in Austria circa 2001 I think. Ended up buying some Twentys in the sports shop, Blue/24k to wear riding for the remainder. Mumbos were 10 years old. Bought a 'reminder' pair of Splatters to keep unworn for the memories.

Sent the snapped frame to Oakley, got half price pair of Minutes out of it. Had those quite a while until I dropped them backwards off my head in a shop. Hit the floor on the nose bridge, cracked clean in two. Surprised Oakley never made a monocle.

Sent those back to Oakley....(now on first name terms in the shop that had returns boxes, already sent back some iffy Juliets and some flaking Mag Switch by then) got a half price pair of Minutes, again, Polarised this time. They live still, along with the original Twentys in great condition. I actually don't think I've killed any others so a lowly 2 score for me.

Just bought my wife a mint pair of T Square Wires off ebay. So light, so clean. She wore them two days before I found 2 x 0.5cm gouges in the right lense. I don't know why I bother sometimes.
Can I add an “I bent my Oakley’s” to this thread?

Damaged a pair of OG Whiskers getting into a car with them propped on my head, bent up like a pretzel 🥨
updated

We are a clumsy bunch here @Inkkoonce @TheStig @Tidezealot please give us your horror stories of busted up Oakley’s!
I’m very lucky. The only Oaks that broke were my EJs back in 1996. Sent them in to Oakley Headquarters and received a letter that they were fake. My Uncle had bought me and my Dad Foaklys off the street corner in NYC. My Dads Foakleys also broke.

Back