• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best fit for small face, chipmunk cheeks?

mekbike

Oakley Beginner
Have been wearing 1990 version of M Frame with the smaller Hybrid-S lens (mostly Ruby Red Iridium). Use them for biking, hiking, pool and driving in Phx, AZ - so LOTS of sun! New M-frames/lens size are too big. I think I want a couple pairs - one with the separate lens and one with single lens like my current M frames. So I'm looking at the Flak 2.0, Half Jacket 2.0, Radar w/Path (and/or Edge) lens, and Radar EV. I know that some come in a low bridge version that might work better for me and depending on availability would be Prism Ruby lens if available - or Prism Road - but I'm getting so confused at the possible variations/combinations that are available. I've been on Oakley's sight but can't tell for instance if I go with Half Jacket 2.0 Low Bridge is I can get the XLJ lens that have more of a concave look and more coverage to the side. It also doesn't help that most combinations of what I'm looking for doesn't seem to be available at sunglass or eye doctor shops to try on. I know there are also some XS (kids) versions of these but I think they might be a bit too small and not have as many lens options. My biggest criteria other than the look of the styles able if that they fit snug along the sides. Any feedback/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Have been wearing 1990 version of M Frame with the smaller Hybrid-S lens (mostly Ruby Red Iridium). Use them for biking, hiking, pool and driving in Phx, AZ - so LOTS of sun! New M-frames/lens size are too big. I think I want a couple pairs - one with the separate lens and one with single lens like my current M frames. So I'm looking at the Flak 2.0, Half Jacket 2.0, Radar w/Path (and/or Edge) lens, and Radar EV. I know that some come in a low bridge version that might work better for me and depending on availability would be Prism Ruby lens if available - or Prism Road - but I'm getting so confused at the possible variations/combinations that are available. I've been on Oakley's sight but can't tell for instance if I go with Half Jacket 2.0 Low Bridge is I can get the XLJ lens that have more of a concave look and more coverage to the side. It also doesn't help that most combinations of what I'm looking for doesn't seem to be available at sunglass or eye doctor shops to try on. I know there are also some XS (kids) versions of these but I think they might be a bit too small and not have as many lens options. My biggest criteria other than the look of the styles able if that they fit snug along the sides. Any feedback/suggestions greatly appreciated.

What about a quarter jacket?

Pictures of the chipmunk 🐿️ please.
Screenshot_20230804_152224_DuckDuckGo.jpg

For the shield lens option I'd suggest the low bridge fit Radar EV Path. The lens in the low bridge fit is shorter than the standard fit version so it should be closer to the Hybrid S albeit probably wider. Those will ship with the Asian fit nose piece that is interchangeable with the standard nose piece. Just remember to order low bridge fit replacement lenses or the lens will be taller.

For the Half Jacket 2.0 low bridge fit, you could potentially swab the lenses to the XL shape. They did make a low bridge fit Half Jacket 2.0 XL back about 10 years ago so you might find those on secondary sites. Or, as mentioned about, a Quarter Jacket might work. Maybe even a Flak Beta.

For the shield lens option I'd suggest the low bridge fit Radar EV Path. The lens in the low bridge fit is shorter than the standard fit version so it should be closer to the Hybrid S albeit probably wider. Those will ship with the Asian fit nose piece that is interchangeable with the standard nose piece. Just remember to order low bridge fit replacement lenses or the lens will be taller.

For the Half Jacket 2.0 low bridge fit, you could potentially swab the lenses to the XL shape. They did make a low bridge fit Half Jacket 2.0 XL back about 10 years ago so you might find those on secondary sites. Or, as mentioned about, a Quarter Jacket might work. Maybe even a Flak Beta.
Thank you for all the info! I think I'll give both Radar EV Path and Half Jacket 2.0 low bridge a try! I did see the Flak Beta but don't think those have replaceable ear socks - and I keep my glasses for a long time so lean towards having styles that allow me to replace the nose piece and ear socks.

Back