• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Cacatman's Personal Coronavirus COVID-19 Update Thread

You are correct in that some nasal sprays are harmful with longterm use. But these aren't the sprays they're using to washout/kill the virus.

Also, the mode of delivery isn't what makes it addictive/harmful (true also for oral meds and intravenous meds). Rather, it's the active ingredient in the spray that determines the impact on the nasal mucosa.

Anyhow, once again, my apologies for my misunderstanding.
no need to apologize cacatcat, you know me, nothing gets me upset or offended......:cool:

and we two know all about this virus, but what can truly stop it? that we don't know!

A nasal spray? i don't know, we can't all keep using that forever, we need to stop this virus at the root, we need immune people, a vaccine hopefully.

Wow, almost December 2020, we are coming up to one year anniversary of Covid-19. :oops:
The plague lasted for 4 years, and then came back once in a while as well...

Treatment - Favipiravir
Patients had clinical and radiological improvements following the treatment with FVP in comparison to that of the standard of care though no significant differences on viral clearance, oxygen support requirement and side effect profile.

More study needs to be done to see if it reduces overall mortality rate.

It appears to be useful in the management of COVID-19, particularly mild to moderate disease.

Treatment - Favipiravir
Patients had clinical and radiological improvements following the treatment with FVP in comparison to that of the standard of care though no significant differences on viral clearance, oxygen support requirement and side effect profile.

More study needs to be done to see if it reduces overall mortality rate.

It appears to be useful in the management of COVID-19, particularly mild to moderate disease.
Strange that the WHO do not recommend the use of Remdesivir.

it is being used with success here in Denmark. I believe Donald T over in the US also got that drug when he had Covid.

I don't trust WHO at all. 🤔

Reinfectivity
People who have previously caught COVID-19 and have antibodies are unlikely to get infected again within six months.

Antibody tests revealed 1,246 workers had already caught the virus by the time the study started, but none had symptoms. Only three (0.24 per cent) of these people later tested positive, and none of them went on to develop symptoms.

People who have previously caught COVID-19 and have antibodies are unlikely to get infected again within eight months. They postulate that people who have recovered from COVID-19 could have immunity for months or even years, even if you have only mild infection.

This study showed that mild cases of COVID-19 could produce antibodies for 5-7 months and could last longer. Nearly 30,000 people were tested since April.

Last edited:
Consequences of Social Isolation
“Loneliness causes stress, and long-term or chronic stress leads to more frequent elevations of a key stress hormone, cortisol. It is also linked to higher levels of inflammation in the body. This in turn damages blood vessels and other tissues, increasing the risk of heart disease, diabetes, joint disease, depression, obesity, and premature death.”

Reinfectivity
People who have previously caught COVID-19 and have antibodies are unlikely to get infected again within six months.

Antibody tests revealed 1,246 workers had already caught the virus by the time the study started, but none had symptoms. Only three (0.24 per cent) of these people later tested positive, and none of them went on to develop symptoms.

unlikely to get infected again within six months.

damn, only 6 months.
imagine getting infected 2 or 3 times..... your lungs will be destroyed!

unlikely to get infected again within six months.

damn, only 6 months.
imagine getting infected 2 or 3 times..... your lungs will be destroyed!
I guess it's a minimum of 6 months. It could be longer in a lot of cases. But from what I understand, it's dependent on how seriously the first infection was.

1606149082073.png

Back