• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Consolidated Oakley Watches Real or Fake Thread (Is this Oakley Watch Fake?)

I've always ran Dawn and Reverse Osmosis Cold water for my watches and metals.
Then dry off with a compressed air drier to get 1000% dry.
How do you get reverse osmosis water? Do you have the machine in your house?

Edit: do you use these in an ultrasonic cleaner?

Last edited:
It'll help. An ultrasonic cleaner would be the best. It'll get the dirt out of everywhere.
Remove the band from the case and just put the band in the ultrasonic cleaner, or do I put the whole watch in there? Which cleaning solution do you use in the ultrasonic cleaner? I might pick one up from harbor freight, I’ve been thinking about it for car parts anyway.

If you go the ultrasonic route -- then I would take it to the local jeweler who does high end watches, and ask them to do a ultrasonic clean.
They did one of my for "Free" after a band adjustment (for a MM).

You an also use distilled water for the DIY home job. I have a RO machine under the sink :)

Remove the band from the case and just put the band in the ultrasonic cleaner, or do I put the whole watch in there? Which cleaning solution do you use in the ultrasonic cleaner? I might pick one up from harbor freight, I’ve been thinking about it for car parts anyway.
I just dunk my whole watch in but if your worried about water getting in just pull the band off and do the whole band by itself and clean the case by hand.

If you go the ultrasonic route -- then I would take it to the local jeweler who does high end watches, and ask them to do a ultrasonic clean.
They did one of my for "Free" after a band adjustment (for a MM).

You an also use distilled water for the DIY home job. I have a RO machine under the sink :)
Thanks for the advice, I might just have the watch guy do it. Interesting, do you notice a difference in the taste of the water?

Am I being blind and can't see the rest of the inscriptions on this MM's face or is it just lighting effects?

Am I being blind and can't see the rest of the inscriptions on this MM's face or is it just lighting effects?

Thats really weird. I did that watch a couple years ago I went back and checked the pics in the private messages when I was finished with it and the swiss made script on the right side is there. But it doesn't look like its there anymore.

Latest Posts

Back