• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Custom Frogskins Dipped

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Here's what's left

20221001_211439.jpg

20221001_211403.jpg

20221001_211344.jpg

20221001_211227.jpg

20221001_211210.jpg

20221001_210613.jpg

20221001_210653.jpg

20221001_210234.jpg

20221001_210217.jpg

20221001_210056.jpg

20221001_210044.jpg

20221001_205904.jpg

20221001_205853.jpg

20221001_205557.jpg

20221001_205612.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I don't understand the question of paper?
This art was invented for paper. Its called marbling and its for paper, originally.

"Paper marbling is a method of aqueous surface design, which can produce patterns similar to smooth marble or other kinds of stone. The patterns are the result of color floated on either plain water or a viscous solution known as size, and then carefully transferred to an absorbent surface, such as paper or fabric. Through several centuries, people have applied marbled materials to a variety of surfaces. It is often employed as a writing surface for calligraphy, and especially book covers and endpapers in bookbinding and stationery. Part of its appeal is that each print is a unique monotype

I discovered it for the Oakley custom white bags, remember that?

It was originally for the Evan the Creator's dipped swirl frogs. What you are now doing, but it appears using that technique "paper marbling". I am asking how its working for plastic, in particular the frogs.

How durable is it, as its meant for paper, which is an absorbent surface, same as the white OCP bags.
Plastic or Omatter not so absorbent.

Username Hidden said:
This art was invented for paper. Its called marbling and its for paper, originally.

"Paper marbling is a method of aqueous surface design, which can produce patterns similar to smooth marble or other kinds of stone. The patterns are the result of color floated on either plain water or a viscous solution known as size, and then carefully transferred to an absorbent surface, such as paper or fabric. Through several centuries, people have applied marbled materials to a variety of surfaces. It is often employed as a writing surface for calligraphy, and especially book covers and endpapers in bookbinding and stationery. Part of its appeal is that each print is a unique monotype

I discovered it for the Oakley custom white bags, remember that?

It was originally for the Evan the Creator's dipped swirl frogs. What you are now doing, but it appears using that technique "paper marbling". I am asking how its working for plastic, in particular the frogs.

How durable is it, as its meant for paper, which is an absorbent surface, same as the white OCP bags.
Plastic or Omatter not so absorbent.
I don't use the stuff that's for paper.

I use marabu. Bonds to plastic better and some colors bond better to the frame or how I prep certain pairs will bond better.

The white bags I do different methods. The paper paint method requires more dips or deeper drips to bring out the color. Also I don't lay the bags flat. I go vertical for better patterns.

Bump to sell

Are the blue swirl still available?

Username Hidden said:
Are the blue swirl still available?
it is yes

I’ll take the blue

Updated photos on first post