• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't worry. I don't bite (Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. I'm like getting confused. I guess you noticed I posted the same question someplace else, and you're there too. OOOOhhh. Thank you for the bed time reading material. Now I gotta figure out how to save that. Lol.
Yep, we can all see posts in the different forums. This thread you’re asking about better lenses, so I’m suggesting OAKLEY custom cuts. The other one, you’re asking about aftermarket, and I’m letting you know my particular (and most members, but not all) opinion on aftermarket lenses. If you like the aftermarket, stick with them. If you want to “upgrade” do the custom cuts. (It will cost $70 to $100 on average for an OEM custom cut)

You read my mind and knew that was going to be my next question. Cost. I see how much Oakley lenses cost. And it seems like a custom cut would double the cost. Because you first have to purchase said donor lens. That's a serious upgrade. Might only turn that pair into something I'd rather baby and probably not take to work. Hahaha. But that would be the BEST, right? Some serious consideration will be taken on getting new lenses. And I read that link you sent, and there ARE donors available for the Valves. Awesome. Thank you so much sir.

You read my mind and knew that was going to be my next question. Cost. I see how much Oakley lenses cost. And it seems like a custom cut would double the cost. Because you first have to purchase said donor lens. That's a serious upgrade. Might only turn that pair into something I'd rather baby and probably not take to work. Hahaha. But that would be the BEST, right? Some serious consideration will be taken on getting new lenses. And I read that link you sent, and there ARE donors available for the Valves. Awesome. Thank you so much sir.
You can get certain donors for as low as $25 to $30 dollars from some members on line here...then Chris is usually another $30 to $35 or so to cut.

You guys sold me. I will definitely take things that direction then. I've bought Oakley lenses for my Juliets, because I wanted to stick to original parts. So cost not an issue. And now I know I can do that to my Valves. This is great news. Thank you so much. All of you, for replying back. I appreciate hearing what real collectors have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back