• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake EB 3ds

One of my favorite artists also signed a fake toy thinking it was real. Just because you are close to something doesnt mean you can autheticate it

He also lied about his sw prototypes being less than 1 of 5. I know one collector who just recently had 5 himself

Listing states "..allegedly made in a sub 5 quantity..", so that does not confirm less that 5 is the actual number. It has been stated over time that the quantity produced is as low as this, and from more than one source, I have even seen one pair listed that stated it was the one and only pair. The number made seems obviously very low, and by stating "alleged", suggests the information about the quantity originated elsewhere. No lies here.

I have just found the paper copy of the email I sent to Tabor Coates (the EB boss) asking about the lens configuration in the pair he sent, and his reply confirming "I don't know how many of the glasses were red on the right vs red on the left, but they did come through both ways and there were only 6 made. I think the majority of the pictures taken were of one pair". I will make the effort to get a photo of that email posted up on this thread as soon as I am able.

Listing states "..allegedly made in a sub 5 quantity..", so that does not confirm less that 5 is the actual number. It has been stated over time that the quantity produced is as low as this, and from more than one source, I have even seen one pair listed that stated it was the one and only pair. The number made seems obviously very low, and by stating "alleged", suggests the information about the quantity originated elsewhere. No lies here.

I showed you photographic proof and you still didnt change the listing. I dont owe anyone an apology. Unless we can trace them to a contest winner that letter means squat to me.

No sour grapes here. Relieved actually. Thanks though funky. Why do you think they went for less than the far less desirable eb2s?

I showed you photographic proof and you still didnt change the listing. I dont owe anyone an apology. Unless we can trace them to a contest winner that letter means squat to me.

No sour grapes here. Relieved actually. Thanks though funky. Why do you think they went for less than the far less desirable eb2s?

It is true that I was sent a picture of four pairs of Blue Chrome Frogskins via the ebay messaging service, however the image was essentially a 'head on/aerial' shot of the glasses one behind the other where the arm icons were not visible, in this regard it is not possible to differentiate these from the more common Blue Chrome - +Red 24-145 release, which is relevant since the difference between the frames lies with the plain versus patterned icons. Whilst I am not contesting that the picture sent was of the far rarer Blue Chrome - Blue pairs, this was not "..photographic proof..". In any event, accepting that the four pairs were as you described them, plus the pair I sold via ebay, constitutes 5 pairs, so I would suggest neither of us can recall a plethora of other examples which may lay claim to my listings description being too far off kilter.
Regards to the EB 3D pair, you state "unless we can trace them to a contest winner the letter means squat to me." This is effectively a misnomer since the genuine White - 3D pair I had in my collection was acquired via Tabor Coates, the boss of E.B., thus was never in the possession of a contest winning recipient.

I swear this 'only xx were ever made' stuff will be the death of us all. Most are hearsay and most, even Tabor Coates or various Oakley representatives, don't have the end word on how many are made after the fact - there were more of the 3D Frogskins made in HQ just for fun for internal employees but not for release, but will likely show up one day. I think we show just know few were made and not stick a number on it to avoid confusion.

Back