• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake EB 3ds

It is true that I was sent a picture of four pairs of Blue Chrome Frogskins via the ebay messaging service, however the image was essentially a 'head on/aerial' shot of the glasses one behind the other where the arm icons were not visible, in this regard it is not possible to differentiate these from the more common Blue Chrome - +Red 24-145 release, which is relevant since the difference between the frames lies with the plain versus patterned icons. Whilst I am not contesting that the picture sent was of the far rarer Blue Chrome - Blue pairs, this was not "..photographic proof..". In any event, accepting that the four pairs were as you described them, plus the pair I sold via ebay, constitutes 5 pairs, so I would suggest neither of us can recall a plethora of other examples which may lay claim to my listings description being too far off kilter.
Regards to the EB 3D pair, you state "unless we can trace them to a contest winner the letter means squat to me." This is effectively a misnomer since the genuine White - 3D pair I had in my collection was acquired via Tabor Coates, the boss of E.B., thus was never in the possession of a contest winning recipient.

So its more likely a spare then the original 6...thanks for verifying that.

He had 5 of the blanks and customized one. Keep beliebing what you want

So its more likely a spare then the original 6...thanks for verifying that.

He had 5 of the blanks and customized one. Keep beliebing what you want

I have not verified that the EB 3D pair I had is "more likely a spare than the original 6", and I would suggest there were not 5 blanks and 1 customized. In an email dated 17th Nov 09, Tabor Coates wrote to me in regards to the 3D pair "We only had 5 pairs, 2 were raffled, 2 were sold for $500, and we have one pair left". I believe he made a mistake about having had 5 pairs as in other messages he has confirmed 6 and other sources claim 6 was the official number, the "one pair left" is the one he offered me which I purchased, which ultimately sold yesterday via ebay. I would imagine the distribution was:- 2 raffled, 3 sold for $500, and 1 pair I had.

I typically stay bias with most things but Its tough to say who has what when it comes to the eb3d. I had one that was sold to me as legit and I paid for it as such. When I got it I was like ......damn these are cool..... However extremely easy to make yourself. The interesting part of them is that the base of the lenses was the same on mine. Like it was the only set of lenses with mixed colors that didn't give me an instant headache when tried on....ive also seen other photos that show less Iridium on the lenses from completely legit pairs from the supposed 6. More like trasnparent blue and red.. I've since sold my pair and did quite well to get out of them. I've seen more than 6. Like I can tell you there are at least 7 or 8 people that claim to have an original.. I guess what OG is saying is that even with a letter from EB it's still possible that it's not from the original 6 contest pairs. Who knows now who has those. It's hard to say. I guess now it's been too long. I know this though. I'd never buy one now from anyone. Even a trusted seller with claims of originality.. It's just to much of a risk but really if you believe you have one of the original 6 ... really that's all that matters. Being happy with what you have.

20171119_081329.jpg
20171119_081435.jpg
20171119_081402.jpg
20171119_081507.jpg

This is the one I owed and sold. I won't say what I sold it for but I paid around 1500ish for it. I wish I'd have taken pictures from through the inside of the lenses it was really cool that the bases where the same.. like it was comfortable to wear.

Like it was the only set of lenses with mixed colors that didn't give me an instant headache when tried on....
View attachment 406890 View attachment 406891 View attachment 406892 View attachment 406893

This is the one I owed and sold. I won't say what I sold it for but I paid around 1500ish for it. I wish I'd have taken pictures from through the inside of the lenses it was really cool that the bases where the same.. like it was comfortable to wear.

That does make a LOT of sense, Brian. I wondered how anyone could wear a pair with different intensities of light......surely the eye would perceive the dfferences and head aches would occur.

Latest Posts

Back