• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake XX's are getting a little to good....

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So I bought a red flag listing... I have scored some major good deals over the years being willing to risk it but tonight I opened a 24K XX that when it came out looked correct in allot of ways. The lenses were what I thought were aftermarket but otherwise it was dayum close... First red flag.... the arm was bent! So knowing Titanium is not bendable with most regular strength humans and no tools and if you do bend it, bending it back will snap the arm, I bent it back with surprising ease. 2nd red flag was the font used on the sku which was actually the correct number. So I decided, just to be sure, I would try to bend the other arm and what do you know... it bent and then bent back like a soda can crumbles. One thing stood out to me though and that was that the bridge was still solid tight???? So the fakers can make a bridge that stays tight but Oakley couldn't? That was just interesting to me... anywho.... The claim is filed and they will be going back to the seller promptly.
IMG_8302.jpeg

IMG_8301.jpeg

I always go by mass. You cannot fake the density of a material. If it was easily bendable, it was probably made from aluminum. Was it considerably lighter than it should have been?

There are so darn many fakes out there…makes a guy nervous when looking for beaters for customizing as I am. I don’t know how some of the copy cats get away with it on Etsy! 🤦‍♂️

There are so darn many fakes out there…makes a guy nervous when looking for beaters for customizing as I am. I don’t know how some of the copy cats get away with it on Etsy! 🤦‍♂️
I recommend posting pics on here before purchasing them. Every selling platform has serious amounts of fakes.

I always go by mass. You cannot fake the density of a material. If it was easily bendable, it was probably made from aluminum. Was it considerably lighter than it should have been?
I thought about weighing them just to see the difference but in the hand it felt real close to the weight of the Ti OEM... Im sure it was not exact though. They were for sure a cheap aluminum. I could have twisted them into a spiral and crushed them like a beer can they were so weak

Let's face it, You could make a full time career trawling the pages of certain selling platforms hunting out & reporting Frankenhausen items. Just done another one literally before writing this post.

Everyone knows what site it is mostly, I don't even think they actually care/do anything about it tbh.

A fake item gets removed. They lose commission.

End of.

Just have to be really careful that's all.......

Back