• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin Replacement Lenses

soundmediasystems

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hi Oakley Buffs & Frog Lover’s,

My question relates to Frogskin Replacement Lenses that I purchased from an Oakley Store. They were a Deep Water Lens.

As I love Frogs & have had a few pairs back in the 80’s/90’s ( don’t quote me on the time frame ), I had a Royal Blue & Crystal Clear & swapped the Lenses so I believe back then I had the only pair of Royal Blue with a Violet Lens. Anyway they got stolen ☹️

Now my collection has grown & I only like certain Frame/Lens combo’s I like to swap out the Lenses.

My issue is these Genuine Deep Waters Lenses just don’t fit into any of my Frogs. I believe there is an inconsistency with there Lens products sizing & even the edges of the Lens Coatings have cracked close to the frame which are from a Oakley store. Does anyone know for sure or had the same issue.

I have managed to replace a lot of my Gen 1 Frog Lenses with the new ones, Yes made them fit but it is extremely hard but possible.

I just need an answer to my problem if anyone knows. I just love the Deep Water Lens & found it very to to get a hold of.

Love feed back & is it possible to get them re-cut or is there another place or source to get after market Lenses.

Cheers Frogsters. Mark Frog Lover & still collecting.

Hi, I do not see DWP as a colour in standard Oakley Frogskins. I found it in the standard and low bridge fit for Frogskins Range. That is a different frame though. I suspect this is what you bought and therefore do not fit. For you have the box for the lenses? Not the model number is different for standard Frogs which are 9013.

IMG_2843.jpeg

There is only ONE known deep water Frogskins lens from 2007-onward- it is the 2023 Kith x Oakley Polished clear/DWPolarized. There is a gentleman on here, I believe.. Chris(?) who custom cuts Oakley OEM lenses to size from other lenses, but other than that there are no original frog lenses.
Yes @Chris A Hardaway is one of the lens cutters on the site.

Hi, I do not see DWP as a colour in standard Oakley Frogskins. I found it in the standard and low bridge fit for Frogskins Range. That is a different frame though. I suspect this is what you bought and therefore do not fit. For you have the box for the lenses? Not the model number is different for standard Frogs which are 9013.

View attachment 1136017
Hi, thank you for your feed back. I don’t have the box anymore so I am unable to check. Appreciate your help.

There is only ONE known deep water Frogskins lens from 2007-onward- it is the 2023 Kith x Oakley Polished clear/DWPolarized. There is a gentleman on here, I believe.. Chris(?) who custom cuts Oakley OEM lenses to size from other lenses, but other than that there are no original frog lenses.
Thanks for letting me know Ewalker78912. I will look him up & see if he can help me out.

Cheers, Mark

Ya if you have DWP lenses that are slightly too big I can easily trim them down to fit your smaller frogs.
It won't cost a lot. This way they won't crack the frame or crack the edges of lens

Luckily never crack a frame. ( Touch Wood ) lenses have been hit a miss. On one of my Frogs one lense was tight & the other a little sloppy. Not sure how as the original lenses were tight but the Oakley Shop ones must have been different sizes or the frame had slightly different sized pockets for the lens.

Also a lot of my Oakley Shop purchased lenses have crack on the lens coating close to the frame, even if I haven’t changed them.

Do Oakley have bad batches or have they changed there lens source ? Who does the lenses anyway ?

Cheers, Mark

Back