• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Cocoa Beach

Teej

Oakley Beginner
I've been a longtime Oakley fan but not much of a forum participant. I'm on the East Coast of Florida (Ron Jons surf shop anyone?) and figured I should eventually say "Hi".

Unfortunately as I read things here I have tons of memories and some regrets. If I'd stashed away all the sunglasses and things I've purchased over the years, they'd be worth a mint. Of course after 30+ years, I'm sure i'd be hoarding them and not want to sell them. Ha..
Now I've got a number of used, worn, broken pairs and lots of great memories that I probably wouldn't trade. I've still got a few that have survived and I wear occasionally and a few that are in need of parts and some that might be good for parts. I can't even remember how many Blades I went through back in the early 90's.

I actually got a renewed interest after seeing a kick ass watch and looking for information on how to tell a real one from a fake. (More on that later I guess. I do have a bonus due from work... Hmmm... I deserve that, don't I ?.)

Overall I've really enjoyed the site, and have learned a lot about Oakley that I never knew. But it's also nice to hear that I'm not the only one that has saved everything from shoe boxes to bags to tags. I actually just finally tossed out a couple pairs of the Chop Saw shoes that I basically wore into nothing. Soles falling off, literally. But I have to say they were still my favorite shoes ever. I should have bought all the pair I could find back then. (hind sight, right?) But at a size 15, I think i bought just about all the ones I came across, which was 3, so I don't feel too bad.

Anyway, thanks if you made it through the long intro. I've got some wants and have might have some stuff I'll let go, but I'll get to those eventually.

TJ

I've been a longtime Oakley fan but not much of a forum participant. I'm on the East Coast of Florida (Ron Jons surf shop anyone?) and figured I should eventually say "Hi".

Unfortunately as I read things here I have tons of memories and some regrets. If I'd stashed away all the sunglasses and things I've purchased over the years, they'd be worth a mint. Of course after 30+ years, I'm sure i'd be hoarding them and not want to sell them. Ha..
Now I've got a number of used, worn, broken pairs and lots of great memories that I probably wouldn't trade. I've still got a few that have survived and I wear occasionally and a few that are in need of parts and some that might be good for parts. I can't even remember how many Blades I went through back in the early 90's.

I actually got a renewed interest after seeing a kick ass watch and looking for information on how to tell a real one from a fake. (More on that later I guess. I do have a bonus due from work... Hmmm... I deserve that, don't I ?.)

Overall I've really enjoyed the site, and have learned a lot about Oakley that I never knew. But it's also nice to hear that I'm not the only one that has saved everything from shoe boxes to bags to tags. I actually just finally tossed out a couple pairs of the Chop Saw shoes that I basically wore into nothing. Soles falling off, literally. But I have to say they were still my favorite shoes ever. I should have bought all the pair I could find back then. (hind sight, right?) But at a size 15, I think i bought just about all the ones I came across, which was 3, so I don't feel too bad.

Anyway, thanks if you made it through the long intro. I've got some wants and have might have some stuff I'll let go, but I'll get to those eventually.

TJ

Welcome aboard!

Aloha and welcome to the Forum.

IMG_9109.gif

Welcome.
Could you do me a favor?
Pop in to Major Nelsons home, ask Genie if she could whip me up a TB Gold god watch, a Live Strong Carbon C6, a number 00/20 Precious Mettal OTT, and 0023 R1...oh and for my good friend @Smiley, a carbon Ichiro OO Blue?
Thank you.

Back