• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi guys! 30 years ago my first pair of Oakleys saved my eyesight...

My first Oakleys were Original 5's, saved my eyes many times. The most memorable time is the day after I got them back from having the lenses replaced. I was at work and working under a car in the shop on the hoist, I had come out from under it to lower it a bit to reach something, I turned to go back under the hoist and ran right smack into the lift arm where a large jagged metal shard jutted out. Yep you guessed right, jabbed right into and scratched the brand new lens instead of right into my eyeball. Thanks to Oakleys I still see out of BOTH eyes.
Well DaytonAUman,
that's a really touching story. So glad your eyes have been saved!

My 1991 M Frame saved my eyesight when I jumped onto my mountain bike but failed to balance well. Back then, I participated in X-country races, a sport only a few years old back then. We all read MBA Magazine (Mountain Bike Action) for the latest stuff. So we followed the advice to cut the bars ends 'cause a narrow bar gives you agility advantages in mass starts. Clearly, the cute ends were really sharp. My eye just hit exactly one of those bar ends, but my M Frame was in between. The impact was so hard that I got the silhouette of my M Frame in the face for a week. Should have made an image! The glasses carried away just a small dent, that' it. From this on, I really love Oakleys.

:)

Back