• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi Yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighterpilot

Oakley Beginner
I just lost my Flightdeck goggles in hi yellow. I can't find a replacement. I'm crushed.
Did O stop making this color in their higher end products? Why?
I ski. When is bright, i use my prescription Vuarnet glaciers. The rest of the time it's hi yellow... Oakley fir at least 20 years now.
I don't need fucia, emerald, rainbow, pink, teal.... just dark, lighter, and... YELLOW!
Hello. It's by far the best color for white out and low light. And their hi yellow has received "best of" cudos from many credible reviewers. Now what? Do I really have to invest in another brand?

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

Wish I could help you with lens ideas, but I haven't had to deal with any white-out conditions in Hawaii. Sorry.

IMG_3892.gif

Yeah, it‘s tough being a Lux fan-boy…
Perhaps it’ll be reincarnated as Prizm HI Yellow…someday.
Tried HI Amber polarized?
Hi flyer,
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm really fussy about my equipment and when I find the perfect thing then price is secondary. In this case, I cant swallow the compromise.
Hi Yellow has about a 80 vtl. When you're in a white out, or its late on a snowy day and you're in the trees, you dont need it any darker.
WTF is O thinking? I mean why all confusing similar colors... just for colors sake? When it comes to colors, the only NECCESSARY one is yellow.!
If you search "hi yellow", you'll see all the praise for this lens, even above other great brands' yellow lenses.
Do they not think they are making a practical item any more? Or did Luxottica buy O only to milk the brand name? Appears that O is in the "fashion accessory" business now...
I called customer service to see if I was missing something. I'd say they are perilously close to fraud for using that term. Damn, I'm pissed.

Last edited:
Sadly this behavior is a common practice in business. A smaller company builds a successful business based on passion and dedication to quality only to sell out to a company that cannibalizes the brand name. I'm very concerned about my other ski brand, Arcteryx and researching a replacement now (Norrona).
Did you see the 2017 60 Minutes interview of Lux CEO Guerra? He insinuates that he made Oakley an offer they couldn't refuse. Basically like, "We own most of your distribution. Be a shame if you found yourselves without any retailers."

I can cut you a HI Yellow set of custom lenses if you like? Pretty sure I have donors.

Edit - just reread your post. There are a few HI yellow goggle lenses around still. Just keep searching. Try F_shopAuction on eBay. You may have to message them.

Last edited:
I can cut you a HI Yellow set of custom lenses if you like? Pretty sure I have donors.

Edit - just reread your post. There are a few HI yellow goggle lenses around still. Just keep searching. Try F_shopAuction on eBay. You may have to message them.
Hi flyer and WaveCloud,
Tried searching seller, F_shopAuction but they don't come up. You can't cut ski goggle lenses, they are double layer and sealed.
The only hi yellow remaining in the line are on a few low end models. I did order a pair but will likely return them as I probably found the world's last new pair of Canopy's at a shop in Canada. Their last pair. Hope they still have them. 🤞 A sincere Thank You!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back