• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hint's

THEUSOKL19

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello, I'm Brazilian, and I'm 16 years old, I've been in love with Oakley since I was 13, I want to specialize in restorations, and I would like to know if anyone can give me some tips on paintings, xmetal, plasma and others, Welcome, I can only polish my glasses for now.

I have a Romeo 2, and a juliet both I left polished, now I wanted to try to make it plasma and in the future xmetal, but I do not even know what kind of paint is used, I thought of using automotive so I have doubts about the results

Hi welcome , your polished finish is to smooth to be painted
in fact I did the polishing, to see if I could at least make a customization, and the result was good, now I want to learn something about painting for me to turn these polishes into plasmas or xmetal

Youtube dude. You gotta do your research. There are plenty of talented guys here that do that work but I don't think any of them are going to give up their secrets and why should they?

I can tell you this, one of them, the best in my opinion, uses automotive paint and it's ******* fantastic. He's done at least a half dozen pairs or more for me in specific car colors with auto paint and they're all perfect. You just need to know what you're doing and you learn from experience and experience takes time.

Youtube dude. You gotta do your research. There are plenty of talented guys here that do that work but I don't think any of them are going to give up their secrets and why should they?

I can tell you this, one of them, the best in my opinion, uses automotive paint and it's ******* fantastic. He's done at least a half dozen pairs or more for me in specific car colors with auto paint and they're all perfect. You just need to know what you're doing and you learn from experience and experience takes time.
thank you very much, I was thinking of seeing the result of a silver color automotive painting, and I was afraid the result was not expected, your comment made me more confident about it, I'll do it and soon I'll insert the photos

IMG-20190422-WA0183.jpeg
picture

Back