• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to refinish Oakley Badman?

Hydreliox

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey all,

Been a rough Christmas and few weeks but I'm back in new spirits and ready to tackle some projects in the next few weeks. First thing I've got in line is a xmetal display that needs some TLC and my Plasma/Sapphire Badman.

They haven't had a tough or hard life but I do have a house close to the beach front. Probably due to this and who knows what else the Plasma finish on the frame has started to flake, crack and peel. I've resisted the urge so far to start scratching away at it and things more difficult in the long run.

Having said all that, what I'd like to know, if you kind folks can help, is what is the finish underneath the Plasma and what could I do to give them a new lease of life. Refinish with Plasma? Convert to xmetal? Strip them back to bare bones? Ideas are welcome too :)

Sorry, internet sucks so I can't upload pics at the moment, but to clarify it looks like bubbling/cracking/peeling paint - although I'm not sure it is?!

Cheers all - it's good the be back!

Latest Posts

Back