• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I need suggestions for my next frame which will be the Plank 2.0?

Hello. I have been an Oakley frames owner for many years. I’ve wore Socket (not sure which version) and currently have the Crosslink Switch in Satin Black color. The size says 53 - 18 and on arms it says 140 OX3128-0153.

My top 2 choices were Airdrop and Plank 2.0. I went to a LensCrafter and the male staff member said Plank 2.0 looks better on me. He said I have a top boxed shape face and bottom is narrow. After comparing prices online I found that Eye Buy Direct was the cheapest overall. It has a medium size of 53-18-139. The 139 is off from 140. Would that matter?

I do have gray hair mixed with black hair on both sides of my head. I am a 44 year old single straight male and want to look younger and also attract women. What color frames do I go with? Satin Black which had a blue Oakley logo on both sides of arms or the polished grey smoke?

Attached image is my latest prescription.

Do I need to spend extra money on 1.74? Based on my prescription I need ‘Distance’ lens right? I work from home and sit in from my PC screen 40 hours a week so I went with:

EBDBlue 360 - Starting at $49

Our most advanced blue light filtering lens, with anti-glare coating for all-day, anywhere protection.

My concern is will I see blue light reflection or any other color?
I am not interested in transition lens where it changes colors due to sunlight.
EBDBLUE 360 1.6

• Up to 25% thinner than standard lenses
  • Good for stronger prescription
Scratch Resistant, UV ProtectionDust RepellentEasy CleanBlue Light FilterSmudge ResistantWater RepellentPremium Anti-reflective.

*Due to their blue light filtering properties, all blue light lenses (EBDBlue Plus™, EBDBlue 360, EBDBlue Smart, and SightRelax) may appear to have a faint tint and a slight blue/green reflection.

They have 1.6 but not 1.67?

My total was $130.90. I have Davis Vision and it pays maximum of $150 on frames. Not sure if lens will be covered. I guess it will be all free after insurance?

View attachment 974990
@Chris A Hardaway would know what all these means.

Plank 2.0 in size 53 w 139 temples sounds like it's a good fit. 1mm is nothing between it and the 140 you wore in the past.

I don't accept Davis Vision. Or i should say my work is not a provider.

Good luck. The blue is "too young" and looks like a teen would wear it. I mean I'd wear it I'm 39. But not if i was single and ready to mingle. Trust me if you have any grey in your hair. EMBRACE THE POLISHED GRAY!

Hello. I have been an Oakley frames owner for many years. I’ve wore Socket (not sure which version) and currently have the Crosslink Switch in Satin Black color. The size says 53 - 18 and on arms it says 140 OX3128-0153.

My top 2 choices were Airdrop and Plank 2.0. I went to a LensCrafter and the male staff member said Plank 2.0 looks better on me. He said I have a top boxed shape face and bottom is narrow. After comparing prices online I found that Eye Buy Direct was the cheapest overall. It has a medium size of 53-18-139. The 139 is off from 140. Would that matter?

I do have gray hair mixed with black hair on both sides of my head. I am a 44 year old single straight male and want to look younger and also attract women. What color frames do I go with? Satin Black which had a blue Oakley logo on both sides of arms or the polished grey smoke?

Attached image is my latest prescription.

Do I need to spend extra money on 1.74? Based on my prescription I need ‘Distance’ lens right? I work from home and sit in from my PC screen 40 hours a week so I went with:

EBDBlue 360 - Starting at $49

Our most advanced blue light filtering lens, with anti-glare coating for all-day, anywhere protection.

My concern is will I see blue light reflection or any other color?
I am not interested in transition lens where it changes colors due to sunlight.
EBDBLUE 360 1.6

• Up to 25% thinner than standard lenses
  • Good for stronger prescription
Scratch Resistant, UV ProtectionDust RepellentEasy CleanBlue Light FilterSmudge ResistantWater RepellentPremium Anti-reflective.

*Due to their blue light filtering properties, all blue light lenses (EBDBlue Plus™, EBDBlue 360, EBDBlue Smart, and SightRelax) may appear to have a faint tint and a slight blue/green reflection.

They have 1.6 but not 1.67?

My total was $130.90. I have Davis Vision and it pays maximum of $150 on frames. Not sure if lens will be covered. I guess it will be all free after insurance?

View attachment 974990
Your RX the higher the index the better.
1.74 is thinner than 1.67 is thinner than 1.60.

Bigger number is thinner lens on index of refraction. It basically does more "light bending" in a smaller lens package. Get the blue light protection.

I think the sweet spot for you is 1.67 index in blue light protection. But EBD plus EBD this and EBD that. I'm not sure what that means. It's probably their own brand name?

Plank 2.0 in size 53 w 139 temples sounds like it's a good fit. 1mm is nothing between it and the 140 you wore in the past.

I don't accept Davis Vision. Or i should say my work is not a provider.

Good luck. The blue is "too young" and looks like a teen would wear it. I mean I'd wear it I'm 39. But not if i was single and ready to mingle. Trust me if you have any grey in your hair. EMBRACE THE POLISHED GRAY!
I have black and gray hair on sides. Are you saying I should the ‘Polished Gray Smoke’ color? Wont this make me look older?

I have black and gray hair on sides. Are you saying I should the ‘Polished Gray Smoke’ color? Wont this make me look older?
It will look age appropriate. :)
Yes i would go with the smoke. It's trendy and cooler than a more juvenile blue pattern on the black frame.

Just my 2 cents ... younger women are often attracted to older men... a women in her 30s isn't looking for a guy in his 20s. Trust me ;)

It will look age appropriate. :)
Yes i would go with the smoke. It's trendy and cooler than a more juvenile blue pattern on the black frame.

Just my 2 cents ... younger women are often attracted to older men... a women in her 30s isn't looking for a guy in his 20s. Trust me ;)
Thats's how it should be and yet i hear about teachers (women) having sex with their students (teen boys) on the news all the time. My parents enrolled me in the wrong high school 😢

Back