• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ichiro number 1 Polished w/Blue lenses

Smiley

I should Work at Oakley
So thanks to a fellow member I was officially able to confirm that I do in fact have the official first pair of Polished W/Blue lens Ichiro release. Apparently the first 51 were released prior to the 2001 baseball season. I got my pair from the manager of sports marketing, while he couldn’t remember how or why he got them, given his position in the company etc I bought em anyways. Still I asked a fellow member to see what he could find out. Apparently the first 51 pairs were special release and numbered this way 1-51 and released prior to the 2001 baseball season beginning. I’d say this is officially the first pair of production Ichiros and the IS-51-01 is legit. Also the bar code on the box scans out according to another member here.
Here is the email info I received. Names are redacted solely for the sake of privacy.

Hey there, yeah those were a signed edition that were the first 51 pair from the beginning of baseball season 2001; those are very rare and great find!

All the Ichiro-worn pairs made for him had no serial #’s at all, as they were pre-production.

*******, was definitely in Marketing and definitely would’ve had access to those, as I did.

Hope this helps-

Finally, there seem to be some noticeable differences. My daughter says they are more iridescent then my 172 pair. Also they seem to weigh more then said pair and the arms appear to be slightly thicker. I will be investigating this over the next few days. These glasses have never been worn as told to me, and they show it. Super tight arms and nose. Rubbers are very very nice with crisp raised lettering. LINB just doesn’t do em justice! I’m stoked to have held these in my own hands. They are beautiful.

52D1640A-8B8C-4204-8CC2-975D8A67E56D.jpeg

Very nice! Congrats on a number one. I believe someone on here has a number 1 Mars. Nice purple blue there Smiles.

Not gonna lie....I'm jelly of this score. Congrats!
This was totally right place right time. Especially considering the label/serial. I had to see em to believe em, and that is when it came out who the owner was and what he did etc. I was less then 20 miles from em when they surfaced and ironically I was visiting family at the time although I’d ha e driven the 3 1/2 hours to get em now that I know what I know 🤣

Get #51 or a game worn one and you'll be a god among us Smiley, excellent pick up, now find me some extra blue lenses please! I'm going to refer to you as IchiroGod from now one lol

Get #51 or a game worn one and you'll be a god among us Smiley, excellent pick up, now find me some extra blue lenses please! I'm going to refer to you as IchiroGod from now one lol
I had an R2 Ichiro. Didn’t like em so traded em off. Number 1 is good enough for me lol. Especially considering it’s NEVER been worn. Tough to not wear em. I suspect though I’ll take em for a spin soon enough. As for the lenses I have a couple extra sets 😉

Back