• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Irma... here we go!

Puerto Rico.

This scenario has been a long time in the making. We just had been lucky for some years as we rarely got hit.

But over the last several years even normal rain events would knock out power for no apparent reason (actually decrepit and badly maintained infrastructure). Last Fall there was a massive blackout that had most of the island without power for 3-5 days... Mostly the result of, again, obsolete and badly maintained infrastructure. Too much corruption and the money goes to politician's friends and payroll and little if anything gets Invested back into the grid. And add to the unreliability of the power system its rather high cost and it creates a very difficult environment for business competitivity.

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that. Even going a few days without power is a nightmare!! Fingers crossed for you and your community. On a side note.. I went to PR for my 5th bday and drank more virgin pina coladas than deemed healthy... They will always be my fave (with rum of course)

Sent from here

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that. Even going a few days without power is a nightmare!! Fingers crossed for you and your community. On a side note.. I went to PR for my 5th bday and drank more virgin pina coladas than deemed healthy... They will always be my fave (with rum of course)

Sent from here

Thanks @Blondie1976. Thankfully we have a nice backup generator that should get us through (although the propane bill will be expensive). Well that is if it doesn't fly away with the storm!

20170904_195730.png

I can't believe that. That is crazy considering before 8 am there was no threat to Florida lol. You know how it is here though, if they say at the beginning there's no threat it's a sure hit.

Well that little beotch of a cone isn't giving us much wiggle room.... TWSS! Drink @Wicked @Mich @OakleyFrankFMJ @ QRL1

Sent from here

Back