• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kato X bargain

Kannibal

Oakley Enthusiast
Normally retails for 366 AUD, grabbed a pair for 199 AUD (128USD) from an authorised retailer.

The model # matches the latest on Oakley.com, did the Kato X not have the adhesive issue the standard Katos had? The improved Katos all end with the "M"

1000002163.jpg
1000002157.jpg

They would have the same issue. It's probably not pronounced because the X version seems to have been made in smaller numbers.

They would have the same issue. It's probably not pronounced because the X version seems to have been made in smaller numbers.
Wonder why they've never bothered to update the mounting on the X then?
OO9455 is the original black Kato
OO9455M is the improved mount.

But the Kato X on Oakley.com just have the non "M" code

I'm not sure. My guess when they both came out was that the X was just a way to use up lens defects. We had heard they initially had alot of issues making the lens due to the beak.

Yep I don’t believe the Kato X was ever intended to be on the market for long.

I remember when the Kato was launched they mentioned the Kato X was limited in numbers. I’d also guess it was a way to get rid of frames with lens defects, and by the time Oakley came up with a different mounting system the X was already discontinued. I personally had a set of the Kato X and really liked them!

Yep I don’t believe the Kato X was ever intended to be on the market for long.

I remember when the Kato was launched they mentioned the Kato X was limited in numbers. I’d also guess it was a way to get rid of frames with lens defects, and by the time Oakley came up with a different mounting system the X was already discontinued. I personally had a set of the Kato X and really liked them!
Yeh, I returned a couple of Katos as didn't like the beak thing....much prefer the Xs

Back