• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Legit Check TB1

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hey fellas,
Need a quick Legit Check for this TB1. I think all looks good, but the capacitor looks “weird” to me, specially that red part underneath it. Can anyone confirm if this is oem or does it had work done?
Thanks

IMG_9839.png

IMG_9837.png

I didn’t know you could so that! So instead of the old 90s tech, a lithium capacitor was installed? Im guessing this will last longer then, am I correct?
I just had 3 TB's serviced by a watchmaker, he said a full charge on the new Li Ion storage cells would charge for about 6 months use.

I just had 3 TB's serviced by a watchmaker, he said a full charge on the new Li Ion storage cells would charge for about 6 months use.
Can that Li Ion be charged with an electric Toothbrush charger?

That is a great question and I do not see any reason why not. I'll follow up with my guy and ask if it can be charged inductively.
Awesome.
Wile you have his ear would you please ask him if Li Ion batteries are available for watches.
For example size 395 for Time Tank.
It would reduce the risk and wear on the hardware every time the watch needs a new battery if one could just recharge like a phone or toothbrush over night on a charge pad.

Back