• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Life Event

It’s been 3 weeks since the last chemotherapy infusion. Glad I don’t have to go back for that. Since then I’ve continued to regain strength and my mobility has gotten better. I find I tire more easily than before and it’s not uncommon to feel drained around one in the afternoon. A number of days I lie down only to wake up several hours later. It’s strange since I was always active in my opinion.

I continue to take the oral medication which the doctors say I will receive for the rest of my life. We were able to coordinate the bone treatment injection and Lupron at the same time which cuts down on the number of hospital visits. I’m due for a port flush later this month so I’ll ask about when they want to schedule the CT scans and imagery of my bone structure.

A few things that have happened since May 17th. My wife and I sat outside and had something to eat on Memorial Day. I opened the windows to the patio, turned on the jukebox and we enjoyed time together. It reminded me of all the bbqs we have had over the years. Those always made me happy. We had lots of friends and family over all the time. They are all gone now. It was just the two of us. I began tearing up and my wife asked what was wrong? I told her I was happy and I just wanted to be with her. I don’t need lots of people. I just need the one person I have with me now.

My wife went to work the other day. I went through all the little outdoor decorations she has. Little ceramic mushrooms, frogs and some concrete sculptures. I put them all around the patio to make things look nice for her. I wanted her to see it. I wanted her to smile. Some things were still in boxes. I remember she asked for them around Christmas time. I always felt like she was trying to pick something for me to get her because deep down she wanted nothing.

I try to do a better job picking up after myself and and I want to contribute more. There are days when she has worked and I’m home, I’ll take the new car and drive to her job so she can just drive home in it. She doesn’t want to have anything happen to it at work so she usually takes my truck.

I‘m trying to give her the best life I can. I want her to have everything and I want her life to be as perfect as it can be. She has told me she loves me so much and I’ve said I love her and all I want is to be with her Forever!

I wasted a lot of time over the years. I focused on things that didn’t really matter. I’m not throwing away whatever time we have remaining. I’ve received the greatest gift! I understand when people say that their illness was the best thing that ever happened to them.

She is my EVERYTHING.
Great to hear !

pray.JPG

Had my first follow up today since finishing chemo. The visit was an emotional one. It brought back a lot of memories about what I have experienced the last several months. I met with a social worker and unloaded about a bunch of things.

I know I am alive. That life isn’t the same anymore nor will it be. Little things I could do before are challenging due to my stroke and the negative effects of chemo. My neuropathy has gotten worse. I’m in a new phase of life. I need to recognize that and be more acceptant that things I used to do will be harder.

The doctor said my PSA has been a great marker when it comes to my cancer. I had concerns that it could still be growing despite the treatment. He tried assuring me that it was unlikely. They flushed my port and sent me home. As I continued my routine around the house I kep checking my chart as I awaited the results. At 5:30 I got the best news I have had in 6 months. After starting with a PSA of one thousand six hundred ninety I scored a 0.13 today.

The result washed away my anxiety for now. I’m not the type to say anything other than I’m thankful, blessed and lucky to be here writing this. My wife stood by me every moment. I’m not the only one who underwent a harrowing experience. It has brought us closer than anyone could ever imagine.

Had my first follow up today since finishing chemo. The visit was an emotional one. It brought back a lot of memories about what I have experienced the last several months. I met with a social worker and unloaded about a bunch of things.

I know I am alive. That life isn’t the same anymore nor will it be. Little things I could do before are challenging due to my stroke and the negative effects of chemo. My neuropathy has gotten worse. I’m in a new phase of life. I need to recognize that and be more acceptant that things I used to do will be harder.

The doctor said my PSA has been a great marker when it comes to my cancer. I had concerns that it could still be growing despite the treatment. He tried assuring me that it was unlikely. They flushed my port and sent me home. As I continued my routine around the house I kep checking my chart as I awaited the results. At 5:30 I got the best news I have had in 6 months. After starting with a PSA of one thousand six hundred ninety I scored a 0.13 today.

The result washed away my anxiety for now. I’m not the type to say anything other than I’m thankful, blessed and lucky to be here writing this. My wife stood by me every moment. I’m not the only one who underwent a harrowing experience. It has brought us closer than anyone could ever imagine.
This is fantastic news and I can only assume very emotional (in a good way) for you and your family.

Keep fighting until there is nothing left to fight brother!

Interesting read. The fact is many people, including myself felt compelled by their employers to do it. Risk everything for the sake of their careers. Now we are seeing many unanswered questions about the efficacy of doing so. We were given an ultimatum. Get the jab by XYZ date or we accept your resignation. I am questioning that decision now too.

Interesting read. The fact is many people, including myself felt compelled by their employers to do it. Risk everything for the sake of their careers. Now we are seeing many unanswered questions about the efficacy of doing so. We were given an ultimatum. Get the jab by XYZ date or we accept your resignation. I am questioning that decision now too.
I wish you good luck brother. Look into apricot seeds and prolonged fasting to starve the cancer.

Added a few vids to consider next steps.

Back