• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Life Event

Scan results are good. Doctor said he was pleased with the images. There’s still disease but nothing new is growing, identified areas are either the same or no longer active. Overall the pictures demonstrate treated disease and the residual degenerative effects but nothing of concern at this time.

I got the phone call while I was in the driveway cleaning my koi pond filter. Very emotional for me and my wife. We went for ice cream after dinner. As I sat at a table waiting for her to sit it reminded me how precious time is. I just kept saying All I want is to be here with you. Right now, I got everything I asked for.

One year ago despite suffering a stroke and before I was diagnosed with cancer my wife and I took an epic journey that took us three weeks and almost 7000 miles across country. The pinnacle of that trip was Glacier National Park where we hiked the Highline Trail.

I made this video at the time not knowing how important that trip would be. The road trip was more than just sight seeing, it was a celebration of almost 30 years together. The adventure and exploration we shared will forever be etched in my memory.

For those unfamiliar with it, the road is called Going to the Sun and you need a reservation to drive on it. It’s difficult for me to watch now as it brings back many emotions. It was the happiest we have been since the day we married. I look at it now and hope that if I leave this earth I can say I took my beloved wife as close to heaven as possible. Some day she may need to travel the road again, alone. In order to meet me in heaven. Now she knows the way!

One year ago despite suffering a stroke and before I was diagnosed with cancer my wife and I took an epic journey that took us three weeks and almost 7000 miles across country. The pinnacle of that trip was Glacier National Park where we hiked the Highline Trail.

I made this video at the time not knowing how important that trip would be. The road trip was more than just sight seeing, it was a celebration of almost 30 years together. The adventure and exploration we shared will forever be etched in my memory.

For those unfamiliar with it, the road is called Going to the Sun and you need a reservation to drive on it. It’s difficult for me to watch now as it brings back many emotions. It was the happiest we have been since the day we married. I look at it now and hope that if I leave this earth I can say I took my beloved wife as close to heaven as possible. Some day she may need to travel the road again, alone. In order to meet me in heaven. Now she knows the way!

That’s incredible, I’ve added that to my bucket list.

That’s incredible, I’ve added that to my bucket list.
Make sure to visit Many Glacier hotel and do the boat and hiking tour to Grinnell glacier.
IMG_4514.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back