htrap2294

Clap Guru
Premium Member
San Diego, CA
Parth mentioned fitment was perfect. One way to demonstrate that is to view the lens from the rear with a polarized lens when looking at a light source. If the lens fits perfectly, then a polarized picture will clearly demonstrate an absence of stress bands. Conversely, a lens that doesn't fit perfectly will have rainbow color banding refractory patterns around the stress points of the lens/frame interface. It goes without saying that the periphery of the lens vision will be somewhat distorted if the fit isn't "perfect"
20200329_194702.jpg

20200329_194635.jpg

20200329_194736.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

Anthony Thomas

Oakley Enthusiast
Chester, VA
Nice post. Can you show a shot with the Oakley OEM lenses? That would be a great side by side.

What I think I am seeing in the lens pictures you have posted is some color banding. Look from the center of the lens outward and I see a rainbow effect from center towards the periphery. Does the Oakley OEM do that? Will that have any impact on overall quality of filtered vision; color, distortion, acuity? Personally, knowing the perchance for perceived excellence by Oakley collectors, Linegear could definitely gain some clout with testing and posting that stuff up or better having a credible qualified independent test lenses and simply point to the tests and let the results speak for themselves. I think Oakley built a reputation on really going the extra distance, almost to an insane point "beyond reason" to make their case for optics and the active lifestyle community.

htrap2294

Clap Guru
Premium Member
San Diego, CA
Nice post. Can you show a shot with the Oakley OEM lenses? That would be a great side by side.

What I think I am seeing in the lens pictures you have posted is some color banding. Look from the center of the lens outward and I see a rainbow effect from center towards the periphery. Does the Oakley OEM do that? Will that have any impact on overall quality of filtered vision; color, distortion, acuity? Personally, knowing the perchance for perceived excellence by Oakley collectors, Linegear could definitely gain some clout with testing and posting that stuff up or better having a credible qualified independent test lenses and simply point to the tests and let the results speak for themselves. I think Oakley built a reputation on really going the extra distance, almost to an insane point "beyond reason" to make their case for optics and the active lifestyle community.
Shot of what side by side? Can you be specific?

What I think I am seeing in the lens pictures you have posted is some color banding. Look from the center of the lens outward and I see a rainbow effect from center towards the periphery. Does the Oakley OEM do that?
That's color shift from the iridium - original Oakley fire lenses do that too. Any iridium lens that is not a consistent color will have varying degrees of color banding. Neither Oakley or LG color banding seems to have an affect on clarity, but both do show signs of color distortion if the iridium colorshift is bad enough.

Linegear could definitely gain some clout with testing and posting that stuff up or better having a credible qualified independent test lenses and simply point to the tests and let the results speak for themselves.
I agree. I do think they are a quality lens - but as someone with limited tools to do testing, I can't do standardized tests. I can only show basic tests that I know can check for certain things (like prism compensation, clarity) and subjective opinion.

Anthony Thomas

Oakley Enthusiast
Chester, VA
I was just suggesting to post a pic of the Linegear NXT lens and then show the same shot with the Oakley lens - showing the similarities or differences if that is possible. It looks like you have done about as much as you can do with the visuals I supposed. Not trying to sharpshoot you at all -thanks again for the review and your efforts.

At some point, we are all going to run out of OEMs and custom cuts so knowing what the next best alternative is really helpful.

htrap2294

Clap Guru
Premium Member
San Diego, CA
I was just suggesting to post a pic of the Linegear NXT lens and then show the same shot with the Oakley lens - showing the similarities or differences if that is possible. It looks like you have done about as much as you can do with the visuals I supposed. Not trying to sharpshoot you at all -thanks again for the review and your efforts.

At some point, we are all going to run out of OEMs and custom cuts so knowing what the next best alternative is really helpful.
Oh, no offense taken buddy! I too want to know the facts and the facts only. I told LG when I accepted the lens to try out that I am going to give my honest opinion only and if I can't do that, they should not send me the lens. I've stated that opinion but numbers from a testing authority to confirm my opinion would be fantastic.

I'll try to take a picture later in the evening for you showcasing the scenario you've asked.

Latest posts