• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading M Frame Gen 1 Blue Iridium Strip Lens

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Inbox clear!

Update: As others have stated this lens is custom cut. I was not aware of this. Sorry!

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
This lens is not a custom. It was traded between myself and bandit.
Wavecloud custom cut several strip lenses for me but this is not one of them. I have both the custom blue he done for me and the fire iridium strip was traded with a Japanese collector.

This lens is bluer than the photos depict and it came in my person as a trade from an Italian collector that had this in his collection for a long time.

Yes it is not the "normal' blue iridium we associate with vintage lenses and this has a much grey base.

Hopefully that clears up the 'assumptions' :)

Username Hidden said:
I didn’t wanna be the one to say it but @Wavecloud’s Customisation is most likely the creator of this lens that was cut from a goggle .

At least mention it because I believe the only blue strip lenses were a standard blue
Ive commented below to clear things up. This IS NOT of Daves customs.

Username Hidden said:
Inbox clear!

Update: As others have stated this lens is custom cut. I was not aware of this. Sorry!
This is NOT a custom cut

Username Hidden said:
Is this original or cut from another M Frame donor?
It is not custom or from a donor it is a OEM strip

Username Hidden said:
It is not custom or from a donor it is a OEM strip
Thank you for the clarification! I appreciate it!

Username Hidden said:
Thank you for the clarification! I appreciate it!
As I said, I am more than happy to take the lenses back if you are not happy. I have been a vintage collector for over 25 years and just because a colour way hasn't been seen it does mean its custom.

Hopefully you know by the pairs in my collection thread, the quality of pieces I collect and I am definitely not a collector to con another.

Username Hidden said:
That looks like the blue lens that replaced the older blue iridium . But I didn’t think that color was made.

It’s still sick looking tho.
This was my thoughts when I got it in trade. Definitely not a blue blue like days of old but I know 100% its not a custom.

I stand by the claim it is 100% a custom cut. I will let those who have strip lens comment on it as well like @copilot but a lot is wrong with the lens compared to the authentic version. From the color of the base and the iridium, to edging of the lens, to the corners of the sides and nose area.

Username Hidden said:
This was my thoughts when I got it in trade. Definitely not a blue blue like days of old but I know 100% its not a custom.

Honestly these look a whole lot more like the vr blue with the brown base. I know they made blue lenses with different bases but I just didn’t know that that generation of M frames used that color.

But I could be blowing smoke out my bum